Villa Baptist Church of Indianapolis, IN, an independent congregation which is part of the Baptist Bible Fellowship, is seeking a senior pastor. The church is over 60 years old and has been a much larger congregation in the past. In recent years, it has
been in decline, now averaging 125 people in attendance. The leaders are looking for someone who loves God deeply and has the leadership skills to help this congregation: 1) to realize a fresh vision from God for what He has for them as a local congregation
to do in this community and 2) by redeveloping the church internal systems of evangelizing, discipling and connection new people to the congregation.
The church is partnered with a Christian school they started in the 1970s. They have a mortgage free building, with additional property purchased in 2002 in a growing section of the city for relocation in the future. The majority of the people who attend
are middle-class blue-collar workers or teachers with college degrees who work at the Christian school.
The church’s non-negotiables for their next pastor are that he should be:
- Dispensational in his theology, holding to the Premillennial, Pre-Tribulation Rapture doctrines.
- Not reformed in his theology.
- A cessationist concerning the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Practiced in personal evangelism and discipleship.
- A strong biblical preacher, able to teach competently from both the Old and New Testament.
- Willing to involve himself in both church and community events.
- Not a divorced man. The church would like a married person or a widower.
- In addition, the pastor should have a preference for the KJV. While this is not a KJV only church, the KJV is the translation used during the services.
This church is complementarian, seeking only male candidates for this position. They would like a man with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Biblically-focused field of study, a minimum of five years in leadership over a growing ministry, as the Senior
For more information on the church, go to www.villabaptist.com. A complete church profile can be obtained from the contact person.
Contact Person: Dr. Steve Smith. Please send your resume to