Pastor of Group Life & Connections
Are you a leader with a passion to strengthen community within the body of Jesus Christ and to encourage newcomers to get connected so they can foster real friendships that stick through thick and thin? Does the idea of joining a team who is passionate about creating a church that people love to attend, especially those new to church, appeal to you? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are not meant to grow alone. Just as a grapevine becomes stronger and bears more fruit as it grows more branches, all of us have a deep need and desire to live in community – to be known and to know others, to love and be loved by others, and to create meaningful friendships. Whether it is connecting to a small group or even serving on a ministry team, we encourage those at Keystone to make a connection with other people seeking an intimate relationship with God.
As the Keystone Pastor of Group Life & Connections you are leading a team who is committed to fostering true-life change in the context of community.
You have broad responsibility for leading, managing, and developing all aspects of Adult Group Life, Guest Services and the Connections Team, and for encouraging people to make connections within the ministry and with each other so that their church home feels more like family.
You have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for leading a community of people to connect with God and one another through small groups and service. You possess excellent gifts in leadership, organization, team building, and strong interpersonal skills. You have a desire to recruit and develop leaders who will increase the quality and availability of Group Life and will lead others to serve at Keystone and in our local community.
This is a full-time position and healthcare benefits are available.
- A passionate follower of Jesus whose spiritual growth is focused on intimacy with God, community with insiders, influence with outsiders, and the surrender of self.
- A trained and experienced pastor that can lead leaders and help leaders navigate various theological questions and group dynamics that arise when small groups are the main tool for discipleship.
- An enthusiastic team player with a personality and style that attracts people to your team. You enjoy meeting new people and cultivating strong relationships with people you work with.
- A people person, but also understand the value of systems that care for people. In fact, your passion for systems that care for people and people themselves constantly competes for first place in your heart.
- Sensitive to the problems people carry into group life, but aware of how a finely tuned system can care for the vast majority of those needs.
- A recruiter who can attract and retain a team of volunteers around you to share the opportunities and challenges of leadership in groups.
- Committed to developing leaders. You prioritize one-on-one time with leaders as well as group training and consider yourself in the leader development business.
- A team player, working with the rest of the staff team to accomplish shared goals and vision.
- Excited about what happens when God changes lives in community.
Pastoral Mentor: Ken Gilmore, Lead Pastor
Reports to: Christine Solis, Executive Director
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (typically Sunday through Thursday)
Keystone is a growing Wesleyan church of 1,650 with 750 weekly attendees. Our mission is to ‘lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, by creating a church that people love to attend, especially those new to church.’
We are located in Saline, Michigan, recently named “Best Place to Raise Kids in Michigan” by Bloomberg Business Week. Having been recognized for its desirability, Saline is the only small city to be named three consecutive times as one of the best cities to live by CNN Money Magazine. Located next to Ann Arbor, home of University of Michigan, people enjoy the eclectic urban vibe, vibrant downtown setting, and ethnic diversity. The college town boasts action packed sporting events, numerous park and recreational venues, and something for art aficionados of any age. While the university remains a significant contributor to the city’s economic success, the metropolitan area is also home to many high-tech, healthcare, and higher education businesses and institutions.
To apply, e-mail Christine Solis at email@example.com with your:
- Letter of interest
- Personal testimony
- Link to sample Sermon / Teaching
For additional information about Keystone Church visit:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Student Communities PastorRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 11
Director of Disciple ConnectionsFaith Lutheran Church
- Flower Mound, Texas
- January 10
Connections PastorSunHills Church
- El Dorado Hills, California
- January 9
Our mission is to lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating environments that people love to attend, especially those new to church. Our mission. . . to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision. . . . to create a church that unchurched people love to attend. Our strategy. . . to create environments where people are encouraged and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, learn how to surrender themselves, develop community with those inside the church and have a positive influence on t More...