This position brings Kensington’s service experience to the multimedia generation, in addition to using all formats of live video support during services. We need a team player, passionate about Jesus and about leading others. Come prepared; we put a high
value on production and love what we do. Your week will include planning and preparing for services, helping support occasional events, and working with your campus team to dream up the future God has planned to reach the people of Metro Detroit.
LEADERSHIP AND CULTURE: The Kensington culture is shaped specifically around our mission to reach people for Jesus, and to surrender our personal agendas in order to effectively live out what He has called us to do. We live and lead by following
examples set forth for us in Scripture, where love and wisdom dictate how we interact with those around us. Leaders at Kensington are expected to be fully bought-in to how we operate as the body of Christ, and to lead others in such a way that points them
toward growth in their relationship with God. We give freedom to fail in order to grow and operate with grace by first understanding that we are loved by God, saved by His grace and commanded to surrender our lives to Jesus.
You’ve got to love Jesus and your life should be an example of it. At Kensington we invite you to join us in living out our core values to LOVE God and others, LOCK arms in community, and LIVE openhandedly. If you can jump on board with those things, we’ll
get along just fine.
- Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: Live video systems, systems integration, IT, and leading people.
- Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington.
- Lead live video team to execute all video needs for services and events.
- Actively recruit, train, and schedule all video team members for campus rehearsals, services & events.
- Oversee video room operations for all rehearsals, services and special events, including video systems knowledge and troubleshooting when issues arise.
- Make sure our streaming services are up and running every time, on time, and post the recording to web and in the archives.
Set up, video direct, and tear down (including stage turn) for 3-5 services per month.
Prep for services (listen to all music, reading all dramas, etc.) and create intentional blocking of camera shots prior to rehearsal.
Oversee building wide video system innovation, operation and upkeep.
Work with campus production team to fulfill other technical needs as they arise.
To apply for this position please send cover letter & resume DIRECTLY to