Advent United Methodist Church (www.advent-umc.org) is a vibrant, rapidly growing church in the Five Forks area of Greenville, SC. Advent’s mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Student Ministry
at Advent embraces this mission and believes that students are not only the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today. During this time, students are on a journey from childhood to young adulthood. Our desire at Advent is to be partners on the journey.
We strive to create opportunities to allow students to know and claim:
- I am created to pursue an authentic relationship with my creator.
- I belong to Jesus Christ and define who I am by what He says.
- I exist every day to demonstrate God’s love to a broken world.
Advent is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Assistant Director of Student Ministries for our middle school and high school youth programs. This person will assist our Director of Student Ministries with the spiritual formation and growth
of Advent’s youth and the Student Ministries of the church.
Applicants should have a strong, personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ and support the teachings of the United Methodist Church. They should have a sincere calling to youth ministry and have prior experience in youth ministry leadership. We are
looking for someone who is enthusiastic, optimistic and passionate about working with youth. Candidates need excellent organizational and communication skills, in addition to strong interpersonal skills that allow for the development of relationships with
youth and their families.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Student Ministries include:
- Support the Director of Student Ministries in the development of Student Ministry offerings at Advent UMC, including weekly large group ministry, small group Bible studies, missions for youth and spiritual retreats.
- Participate in Elevate, our Sunday night Youth program, each week including setup, serving as a leader and sharing the message on a monthly basis.
- Work to improve communications with youth, parents and adult leaders to keep everyone informed, engaged and involved.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with middle and high school age groups.
- Be available and willing to cultivate and maintain healthy personal relationships with Advent UMC Youth.
- Coordinate the Big Brother/Big Sister Ministry with our Confirmands
- Staff Liaison to Advent’s Recreation Ministries
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Debbie Cotterman, Staff-Parish Relations Committee Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org