The Pastor for Worship and Ministry Advancement must have the ability to understand, articulate and implement the leadership vision of the Lead Pastor and the Elders. The implementation of the ministry will be through equipping key leaders who direct the
members of Immanuel Bible Church (IBC) in the accomplishment of the ministry through a variety of ministry teams. Therefore, the candidate must be gifted in administration and organization, having the ability to lead teams of people and manage multiple projects
effectively and efficiently. The success of the Pastor for Worship and Ministry Advancement will be the success of ministry leaders who are under their direction and the advancement of the overall worship and gospel ministry at IBC.
Worship & Ministry Advancement
- Lead the Administration Team (key ministry leaders) in implementing the Mission, Vision, Values, and Priorities of IBC in cooperation with the leadership of the Pastoral staff and Elders.
- Establish, equip, encourage and support the point-person for each IBC ministry/ministry team (existing and new ministries – worship, technology, children, youth, young adult, adult, missions, outreach, service, etc.).
- Serve as the key leader and primary stage presence in the corporate worship ministry of the church. Develop the worship and technology team toward the goal of leading the congregation in God-exalting worship.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of IBC’s ministries with the goal of continuous improvement and ministry advancement. Communicate with the Lead Pastor and Elders regarding the effectiveness of the functional ministries of the church.
- Plan for and provide leadership and ministry training opportunities for IBC’s key ministry leaders and participants.
- Manage the daily operations of IBC supported by the IBC office and administrative staff.
- Facilitate special events and special ministries: missions’ conference, outreach events, service projects, concerts, holiday services, etc.
- Be available/flexible for other pastoral functions based on ministry needs (preach, teach, member care, etc.); performing other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor and Elder Team.
- Comprehensive ministry calendar planning and coordination.
- Facility use planning and coordination.
- Supervision and direction of the non-pastoral compensated staff and volunteers toward the fulfillment of ministry objectives and ministry effectiveness (office, administrative, facility, etc.).
- Missionary Intern supervision according to ministry need and missionary personnel ability and availability