Sagebrush is a growing church based in Albuquerque, NM, with 10 campuses and more than 13,000 people attending weekly. We are looking to add staff to our Student Ministry team and are immediately seeking a full-time Student Pastor.
Sagebrush Community Church is committed to establishing a culture of student ministries that helps teens to know Christ and make Christ known. For this reason we have established a team of student pastors, interns and volunteers who are passionately consumed
with reaching out to this lost generation. If the challenge of being a part of a team that works together to reach students for Christ excites you here is what the job at Sagebrush entails:
Duties Essential to This Position:
- Develop an expanding creative Sunday morning experience for HS & MS students.
- Collaborate with the other Sagebrush Campus Student Pastors to develop a shared message series with the same general content and work creatively to take the general message each week and personalize it with unique stories and creativit.
- Invest in relationships with students and staff at the high schools and middle schools through campus ministry.
- Champion the need for and connections to Small Groups.
- Help to oversee a worship experience on Sunday Mornings at the campus.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee all volunteers at the campus level.
- Provide weekly flash reports, emails, and updates for parents, leaders and staff.
- Oversee contact of student visitors and response card decisions made at the campus.
- Attend all student ministry and staff meetings as well as Saturday night services.
- Participate in tear down and set up of multi-site campus.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Student Pastor.
Skill-set/ Abilities Essential to This Position: must have a...
- Engaging Personality: relational, energetic, outgoing, and fun-loving.
- Ability to Disciple: able to lead students towards spiritual growth in Christ.
- Strong Communication Skills: able to share effectively with all ages and group sizes.
- Teachable Spirit: willing to receive direction, learn from others, and be humble.
- Intuitive Awareness: quick learner, able to problem-solve, and stay adaptable.
- Called Shepherd: must sense a calling to ministry and serve in student ministry.
- Creative Innovator: out-of-the-box where appropriate and able to “lay new track”.
- Relational Intelligence: strong ability to relate to students, parents, and staff.
Requirements to Apply for This Position:
- Three years involvement in Student Ministry, one of those as the ministry point leader.
- Solid foundation of theology, ability to navigate Scripture, with experience teaching.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Pro Presenter, and current software programs.
Benefits and Resources with This Position:
- Full Time paid staff position with Sagebrush Community Church – Competitive Salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, retirement and paid vacation.
- On-the-job-training and tools to get ministry done well.
- Ongoing personal development and ministry planning with the ESP and student team.
To apply, please send a picture of yourself/family and resume to email@example.com - We will only be responding to those who are qualified for this position.
We will not be responding to any entries sent in through church staffing.