We are looking for a Children’s Pastor to provide leadership and direction to our Children’s Ministry. (PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW REGARDING FACILITY). This person will be someone who has a definite calling and passion for families and children. We are looking for someone who is able to work with families from a church background and families who are checking out faith in Jesus for the first time. A passion for helping children build a relationship with Jesus is a must.
Children Pastor / CM Director
HOURS: 40 hours per week (salaried full-time position)
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Preferably have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field or equivalent experience.
The Children’s Pastor/Director provides direction and oversight for the entire Children’s Ministry at the Northwest Church (infant – 6th grade). Recruit and lead a team of volunteers that will encourage children to grown in a genuine relationship with Christ. Support, encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children. To teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Biblical based life style among the children. To be an effective part of the Northwest ministry team.
NORTHWEST COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of the Northwest Church.
- Reliable, takes initiative and is self-motivated.
- Able to embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality
- Demonstrates a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with pastors, coworkers and volunteers.
Responsible to the Lead Team (strategic team made up of elders and staff), reporting to the Lead Pastor. Evaluations annually at six (check-in) and twelve months (full review).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments: Sunday Worship Programs, Curriculum for Kids Camp, Special Events.
- Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic early childhood learning environments.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Meets regularly with the Pastoral Staff to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support the local church and her mission as well as the ministries of the worldwide work of the Northwest
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries (or similar such as D6, 2nd Gen, or Hillsong Big, etc.).
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together
- BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or equivalent training.
- Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Ability to reach out and connect with families visiting Northwest Church
- Competency with basic Mac computer software (Pages & Numbers), and the capacity to learn new software (Planning Center, others).
- Successful complete a background check.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: THE NW CHURCH IS REPURPOSING A WELL-KNOWN FACILITY IN LYNNWOOD, WA TO SERVE AS A "COMMUNITY CENTER" WHERE A CHURCH HAPPENS TO MEET. CONSTRUCTION BEGINS THE FIRST WEEK IN AUGUST AND THE NEW FACILITY OPENS IN EARLY 2016. THE PERSON CALLED TO THIS POSITION WILL HAVE A BRAND NEW FACILITY TO WELCOME BRAND NEW FAMILIES TO. Call for more details.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27
Associate Preschool MinisterPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- September 26
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Kid's Pastor-Argyle CampusCross Timbers Community Church
- Argyle, Texas
- September 26
Children's Director or PastorChrist Community Church
- Huntersville, North Carolina
- September 26
The Northwest Church is a nondenominational community of believers fifteen minutes north of downtown Seattle. Holding to the truth and teachings of the Bible — we practice unity, believe in diversity and invest in mission. Our gatherings draw a diverse cross-section of people who celebrate the freedom of Christ as we seek to restore the purity and grace of New Testament Christianity. Our mission is to join with God’s Spirit in spreading His kingdom, calling all people to follow Jesus, transforming life and community through His l More...