We are an evangelical United Methodist congregation in League City, a beautiful, fast-growing area with enormous potential. We are using the Orange curriculum and have significant support from parents, the pastor and the entire church. We're growing and
need someone to help manage the ministry. For more details, please contact Patricia McHenry at
This position provides leadership and vision for all ministries at Bay Harbour United Methodist Church that involve children (ages birth through 5th grade) and nurtures them in a way that fosters their spiritual development so that they might come to know,
love, and follow Jesus Christ.
Responsiblities will include:
Planning and implementing Sunday morning programs for children above nursery age, including the selection of curriculum, recruiting and training volunteers and preparing materials for Sunday mornings.
Planning and facilitating Preschool worship services each week and monthly worship services for families of preschoolers. Implementing outreach programs that teach our children stewardship, and following up with visitors, absentees and parents with questions
about Children’s Ministry.
Managing all aspects of the nursery staff, including recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling and monitoring performance of employees of the nursery (infant, toddler and extended care rooms) for Sunday and mid-week activities.
General oversight of VBS program including selection of VBS curriculum and creating VBS media/input as needed, recruiting and training all volunteers, planning and implementing opening & closing worship each day, and communicating with
Collaborating with and providing input to Happy Harbour ECP (Early Childhood Program) and
serving on the Happy Harbour Board of Directors..
Administrative responsibilities include yearly budget planning for Children’s Ministries, maintaining personnel files for all hired nursery staff, maintaining accurate attendance records, and implementation and support of the Safe Sanctuaries Program of
Bay Harbour United Methodist Church and maintaining the necessary files in an organized and accessible system.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Deeply committed Christ-follower, expected to be or become a deeply committed Bay Harbour UMC member
- Deep commitment to spiritual and mental development of children
- Excellent organizational and goal oriented skills
- Proven ability to motivate, encourage and mentor staff
- Ability to manage and coordinate several projects at one time
- Able to cast a vision regarding the Children’s Ministry program at BHUMC
- Education, child development and/or curriculum development background strongly preferred
- Ability to positively collaborate with other staff members and ministry areas of the church
- Experienced with the effective use of social media as a way to communicate and build a culture that supports the ministry focus area
This position reports to the Senior Pastor.