Job Title: Children's Ministry Support and Preschool Coordinator
Reports To: Children’s Ministry Director
Time Requirements: 20 hours/week
The major focus of this position is the nursery preschool ministry, but also includes any mid-week ministries, and assisting in outreach ministries that reach out to families within at least a 2 mile radius of the church campus such as Sports Camp, Monday
Blessings, and other connection opportunities.
This position recruits, oversees, mentors, and equips a staff of volunteers to minister to children and their families. This includes providing care and developmentally appropriate teaching of biblical truths, building community, discipleship, and serving
opportunities for the youth of the Church of the Chimes, as well as to care and support their families.
- 2 years Children’s Ministry experience
- A passion for investing in kids and seeing them become Christ followers
- An understanding of child development
- Early Childhood Degree Preferred
- Has a personal, dynamic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and can articulate evidence of a healthy, growing devotional life.
- Administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Volunteer management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with other members of Children’s Ministry and Church of the Chimes Staff to activity reach out to pre-Christian families within a 2 mile radius.
- Support and help cast vision and mission of Church of the Chimes.
- Manage childcare events on campus
- Cultivate warm welcoming, hospitable relationships within the ministry team, with nursery/ preschool children and their families, and with other church staff.
- Provide oversight of decisions pertaining to the content of all curriculum
- Train and schedule volunteers in all areas, including youth of Church of the Chimes
- Manage volunteers through delegation, appreciation, and development.
- Partner with families and give them tools to equip them to have spiritual conversations with their children.
- Show good stewardship of equipment, props, and financial resources
- Be a positive role model and be active in the life of the church