St. Mark’s Church
320 Franklin Street
Geneva, IL 60134
Title: Director of Children’s Ministries
Primary Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Children’s Ministry Director position is to provide leadership in fulfilling the mission of Children’s Ministries at St. Mark’s: To teach children the message of scripture, the value of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the
blessings of corporate worship.
- Provide vision, direction, and leadership for the four primary components of Children’s Ministry: Nursery, Children and Worship (3-5 year olds), Sunday School (Kindergarten – 6th grade) and Wednesday Night Worship.
- Serve as spiritual mentor for volunteers.
- Serve as identifier and recruiter of new volunteers by discerning their gifts, abilities, and spiritual maturity.
- Oversee administration of Children’s Ministries, including budget curriculum, facility, supplies, communication, and training for ‘Keeping Gods People Safe” volunteer training. Also, includes oversight of all children’s Ministries’ volunteers.
- Serve as liaison for Children’s Ministries with other St. Mark’s ministries such as Small Groups, Youth, Adult Ed, Leadership/Vestry and special events such as, but not limited to First Communion, Movie Nights and Easter/Christmas Pageants.
- Staff liaison for Vacation Bible School and the Director of VBS.
- Arranging volunteering staff throughout the week for the nursery.
- Skills/Knowledge: leadership skills, organizational skills, computer skills, and strong people skills. Children’s Ministry curriculum ‘savvy.’
- Experience: Children’s Ministry, and experience managing volunteers. Desired but not required: Administration of Children’s Ministry program in similar sized parish.
- Education: BA in education or equivalent to in experience. Desired but not required: BA/MA in Christian Education/Ministry.
- Spiritual gifts: Spiritual Leadership, Shepherding and Discernment. Desired but not required, Evangelism and Teaching.
The Rev. Dr. Mark A. Tusken
Permanent/Part-Time 29 hours
403(B) 5% + 4% match available
2 week paid vacation after first year
Job Begins August 1, 2015
Send resumes and contact information to:
email@example.com Attention: Sam Wolf, and for questions please call 630.232.4400.