We are actively searching for the Senior Pastor whom God has prepared to lead, guide and minister to the Lakewood Baptist Church family. The Senior Pastor of LBC shall serve as its Christ led spiritual shepherd. His primary role shall be preaching,
teaching, and training the congregation. In collaboration with the elders, his oversight shall include supervising and mentoring a staff of 1 associate pastor, a part time worship leader, a business manager, a secretary, and a facilities manager. He
will also take an active role in helping people develop their spiritual gifts and grow in their love for and dependence upon the Lord Jesus Christ. He should be ready to affirm the authority of Scripture and exalt biblical principles throughout his ministry.
- A high degree of personal spiritual maturity, reflecting the character of Christ in both his private and public life.
- The ability to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and counsel of other mature believers to develop a vision for the church and a plan to move the church toward that vision.
- The ability to communicate meaning and insight from Scripture in a way that connects with the congregation and effectively leads to learning, understanding, and application.
- A strong commitment to fulfill the great commission and to support and encourage local and worldwide missions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in full-time pastoral ministry and church leadership is expected
- Master's degree from an accredited seminary is preferred
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. For additional information regarding the responsibilities and involvement of our Senior Pastor within the church and community, visit our website at: www.lakewoodbaptistny.com
Lakewood Baptist has contracted with Converge Midatlantic (our denominational organization) to assist in the pastoral search process. Candidates are asked to apply through the Converge P3 on-line system. All applicants will complete a personal profile
and a series of leadership and personality inventories. The cost to complete the surveys is $175 per applicant. For additional information, contact Anna Roland or Dan Peterson at the Converge Midatlantic office at 330-757-7970 or e-mail Dan Peterson
If you have interest in this position please submit your resume to Gary Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, follow this link: www.convergep3.com