Mt. Washington Presbyterian Church is a 1000 member church part of the Presbyterian Church USA. A mission focused church whose signature ministry is hunger and whose motto is “All are Welcome Here.” You will find a welcome member community and supportive
staff who will want your programs and ideas to succeed. The Director is a full-time position responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive programming for youth (grades 7-12) as well as young adults (ages 25-35) and college age (ages
19-24.) Time will be split among program ministries as appropriate based on the current needs of each.
- Maintain, enrich and oversee established youth programs including church school, 9th grade confirmation, youth fellowship, mid-week programs, Friday night community outreach, service projects and summer mission trips.
- Develop new programming to suit the needs of the youth of the church.
- Work with and build relationships with parents of youth and other youth volunteers to ensure robust, responsible, and relevant youth programming.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministries and Director of Music to ensure a quality church education program and music program for youth.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with youth, college age and young adults including counseling and guidance.
- Nurture and attract young adults into a relationship with the church community of faith.
- Develop new programs to suit the needs for young adults. Engage young adults in areas of service and community.
- Keep in touch with college aged members and help them to stay engaged with the Mt. Washington community of faith upon high school graduation.
- Committed to ministry as part of a team of professionals.
- Appropriate college training and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: Youth Ministry, Counseling, Education, leading successful youth programs, leading volunteer programs, church school education.
- Trained and experienced with Junior and Senior High youth and youth programs.
- Knowledgeable and trained in Christian Education resources and methods.
- Ability to recruit, train, motivate and support volunteers.
- Ability to attract new members to church.
- Faithful to Christ and strives to live with the integrity he proclaims.
- The most successful candidate will have estabilshed expereicne in a Reformed Theology church setting and liberal American Christian values.
- Reports directly to the Head of Staff with additional oversight by the Resource-Personnel Ministry.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary competitive with similar area positions and commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include but may not be limited to: paid vacation and sick time, 9 paid holidays, retirement contribution and paid Study Leave/Training time off.
Mt. Washington is an eastside neighborhood within the city limits of Cincinnati, OH about 10 minutes from downtown. It borders Anderson Township, one of Cincinnati’s most desirable neighborhoods with nearly 45,000 residents and excellent public and schools.