Summary of Position
The Video Production Manager (VPM) is a staff member of the Communications Team and is responsible for production and post-production duties involving the weekly streaming broadcast, creative video projects, marketing spots, video support for web and other
projects as assigned. The VPM is responsible to be creative and innovative in the media ministry of the church. Must be able to quickly edit video in Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro as well as proficient at Adobe After Effects. Experience with DSLR and Pro
Camera Live Shoots in a multiple camera environment with audio and lighting skills.
This is a ministry position just as much as a technical position. This person needs to be a solid Christian with good Christian character and integrity. We are a multi-site church in the Chicago area looking to open campuses all around the area. We are a
Non-Denominational, spirit-filled church that requires our staff to not just work here, but serve and immerse themselves into the family here at CLC.
We are not looking for a video editor willing to learn how to shoot video, nor are we looking for a video editor with little to no animation/graphics experience.
Check out www.clc.tv to see some of what we do and will expect
Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Manifest the fruit of the spirit in all work habits and relationships
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
- Call CLC your church home (membership)
- Tithing and membership is a requirement for staff
Estimated Pay - 40k or higher (higher would mean intermediate to expert at Adobe After Effects)
IMPORTANT: You will be part of the Creative Team and the Creative Team does handle the strategy of designs, staging and overall creative push of the church.
Work Week: Sunday through Thursday with Fridays and Saturdays off; however, special events will require work on weekends and days off throughout the year.
Areas of Responsibilities
1. Lead Sunday Production (streaming, live and recording) with a team of volunteers.
2. Creative Service Support (Creative Elements, Series Packaging)
3. Video Editing
4. Video Animation (After Effects, Motion)
5. Live Shoots
6. Significant Church Media support including archiving and pulling video
7. Special Event Support
8. Equipment Maintenance and Inventory
9. Campus Launch - Help manage the video installations
Skills and Competencies
- 3-7 years video editing experience
- 2-5 years video shooting experience
- knowledge of cameras, lenses, color correction, audio, and lighting
- Very good working knowledge of Apple Computers
- Proficient Skill in Adobe After Effects
- Proficient in Video Graphics and Titles
- Able to Edit in Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro
- Knowledge Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to find a location, set up a shoot, transport gear (heavy lifting) to location and set up, organize talent, shoot and edit creative video elements from conception to completion.
- Able light location shoots
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Team player
- Creative Expertise: To bring and adhere to creative ideas for video elements and then able to carry them out
- Have the ability to manage project time lines and properly archive video
- Year End Video being made as the year progresses
- Efficient: often our projects have 2 weeks from inception to completion
- Able to train volunteers and our ministry students to edit video
What To Expect: We have the following ongoing video projects:
- a sermon series promo and bumper for each sermon series (every 4-5 weeks)
- Annual God at the Movies: 5 weeks of sermons with 6-9 movie clips each week and huge promo and weekly bumper
- Year In Review Video
- Weekly Sermons edited and uploaded to Vimeo and YouTube
- Monthly Missions Video
- Special Events Recording and Archive
- Annual First Love Conference - Promo
- 2 Major Outreach Event Promos
- Kidslife FX Promo every quarter
- Other videos that come up during Creative
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production/Communications preferred, willing to consider a skilled video editor with no degree based on demo reel, skills and references.
Demo Reel: Please submit a demo reel (link to it) in your resume with full name and an outline of what was used (equipment, software, plugins, etc.) and how you played a roll in the video.Please DO NOT submit a demo reel with SD video, HD video
has been mainstream for years now. If you have no animation experience you will most likely not be considered.
Please apply and submit a full, proper resume with references and cover letter.