Job Description – Media Production Manager
Reports to: The Village Church
Supervisor: Randy Woods, Minister of Worship and Music
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to provide media support for worship services, concerts, lectures, staged programs, concerts, broadcasts and video productions while working in an exciting environment that maintains state of the art audio, video and lighting systems in a church and community that is a recognized industry leader. Varied programming and special events will provide this individual with an interesting and diverse workload and a dynamic career in the technical aspects of the performing and media arts in a Christian community.
This is a fulltime position which will require a flexible work schedule. This individual must engage in the church’s ministry with a desire to serve others. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, organized, disciplined, creative, and able to multitask, have an eye for detail and be willing to work within deadlines. Additional skills in set-design, multi-media production, and house management are a plus.
• Operate and maintain the sound, lighting, and image magnification systems. Oversee staging, perform sound checks and ensure broadcast quality recording (as appropriate) for all Village Church functions and Shell Point programs scheduled in The Village Church including, but not limited to:
Sunday Morning & Evening Worship Services, Holiday Services
Sunday Morning Christian Life Studies Classes, Wednesday Prayer Meetings
Weekly & Monthly Women’s Ministries Bible Studies
Annual and Seasonal Missions Programs
Concerts, Academy Classes and Lectures Shell Point Quarterly Resident Meetings and Resort Services Programs
• Ensure all systems are in proper working order for volunteer operation (i.e. Chapel & Hospitality Room sound systems, televisions, and DVD players/recorders)
• Recruit, train and manage volunteer team to assist with technical support.
• Provide audio support for television production including assistance with filming, editing and broadcasting.
• Participate in planning for future growth and development of the A/V resources.
• Provide CD and DVD duplication as requested.
• Maintain and manage Assisted Listening Devices
• The candidate must have three to five years professional experience in sound reinforcement including setting up, running and troubleshooting sound systems.
• Experience with programming and running and maintaining intelligent lighting systems (including changing lamps, and moving / aiming fixtures).
• Experience with video systems, setting up board room video projection systems and switching, including basic knowledge and maintenance of LCD and DLP projectors (changing filters and lamps).
• Experience with Powerpoint and Keynote presentation software and Microsoft Office and OSX.
• The candidate must possess people skills and be willing to be a team player. Work responsibility will require flexibility in scheduling of work days and hours.
Able to lift up to 50lbs. Able to climb ladders. Comfortable working in confined spaces and at heights of up to 40 feet.
Salary and Benefits Package
Annual salary is based on training and experience and is accompanied with the standard benefits package offered by The Village Church.
The Village Church is a congregation located in the Shell Point Retirement Community, Fort Myers, FL – the largest continuous care retirement community in Florida. SPRC is owned by the Christian & Missionary Alliance, a theologically conservative protestant denomination, although residents have religious backgrounds in more than 25 Christian denominations, several other religions, and no religion. The Village Church is a Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, although its membership and leadership represent the diversity of Christian denominations in the community. About 20% of TVC attenders do not reside in the SPRC. TVC is a separate corporation from SPRC with its own board, ministry vision and mission, though the 1,000 seat church worship center is a multi-use facility which it shares with SPRC.
The Village Church is a vibrant senior community with attendance ranging from 500-600 in the winter season to 300-350 in the summer. It is estimated that another 20% watch the services on Shell Point Television in the assisted living and skill nursing facilities, or in their own residences. Staff includes a Senior Pastor, a Minister of Worship and Music, a full-time Associate Pastor, a Director of Church Operations, two part-time Assistant Pastors, a Director of Spiritual Services (chaplain for the health care facilities), and an Employee Chaplain for the 1,000 employees of the SPRC, in addition to the position herein advertised. The ministry emphasizes strong expository preaching, excellence in music, extensive small group Bible study fellowships, outreach into the SPRC, service in the greater Fort Myers community, and a strong emphasis on international ministries. The operating budget of TVC exceeds $1,000,000, with an additional $500,000 given to missions annually.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
The Village Church
The Village Church is a congregation located in the Shell Point Retirement Community, Fort Myers, FL – the largest continuous care retirement community in Florida. SPRC is owned by the Christian & Missionary Alliance, a theologically conservative protestant denomination, although residents have religious backgrounds in more than 25 Christian denominations, several other religions, and no religion. The Village Church is a Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, although its membership and leadership represent the dive More...