Job Title: Student Pastor
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Payroll Status: Full Time (Salary)
Definition & Summary of Position:
Responsible for providing leadership to students and their families by planning, conducting, and evaluating a Christ-centered ministry for middle school, high school and college students that affirms the vision and mission of the church.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the Ministry Team and Ministerial Staff
- Works closely with Executive and Senior Pastor to ensure student ministry aligns with the overall vision and mission of the church as a whole
- Plans, conducts and evaluates all aspects of the student ministry to ensure effectiveness including Wednesday night worship services and Sunday morning Small Groups.
- Works closely with the student leadership team to administer a comprehensive discipleship strategy for students
- Recruit, enlist and train volunteers to ensure a capable and willing volunteer base that is committed to excellence
- Develop and execute a family strategy that fosters ongoing relationships with parents and students both inside and outside of church
- Develop and plan community-focused outreach and mission events to promote an externally focused ministry
- Build a strong presence within local educational communities developing relationships that support overall community mission
- Develop an effective communication and feedback strategy to ensure students, parents and volunteers are well informed and have the opportunity to invest in the ministry in a God-honoring manner.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process to ensure wise use of church funds
- Perform other pastoral and ministerial duties as may be assigned to ensure the needs of the church are met in a timely way.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to preach/teach, leading the students in worship on a weekly basis
- Strong theological foundation consistent with the 2008 Baptist Faith and Message
- Excellent social media skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal applications
- Must have experienced salvation
- Must have experienced a call by God to Student Ministry
- Must be ordained, commissioned or licensed by a local church
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college (preferably a Southern Baptist School)
- Five years experience in student or family ministry
Persons Interested in this Position Should Email the Following Information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing current ministry and why you are interested in our position
- Current resume
- Current photograph with family if applicable
- Electronic links to current videos that demonstrate your preaching/teaching style. If electronic videos are not available, an audio file may be submitted.