Pastor to Students and Families
Hillside Church of Marin
Please visit hillsidejob.com for more information and instructions on how to apply.
We are looking for someone to write the next chapter in a decades long history of robust, outward focused student ministry in one of the most secular places in the United States. The Pastor of Students and Families will be the strategic leader for student
ministry; developing, casting and executing a vision for reaching middle and high school students with the gospel and helping them live out their faith.
As a member of the core leadership team of the church roughly 3/4 of this position will be devoted to student and family ministry while the remaining 1/4 will be devoted to preaching, church wide projects and other areas of need as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
You’ll thrive in this position if:
- You love students and have a passion for developing leaders and volunteers.
- Cultural and contextual complexity excite you. (Easy bores you.)
- You think “Orange” but know how to engage parents who are not believers.
- You enjoy preaching and want to further develop your speaking abilities.
- You want to be a part of a healthy team together on mission.
- Creating exceptional midweek environments where unchurched middle and high school students love to attend and churched students can grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Leading a Sunday morning strategy for integrating students into the church as a whole in a manner that encourages Christian and non-Christian students to serve and grow.
- Equipping and empowering a group of volunteers who love students to do the work of the ministry.
- Building healthy, trustworthy partnerships with parents, resourcing them with tools for faith formation at home, and providing care and counsel as needed.
- Teaching the truths of scripture in a compelling and relevant manner in a postmodern and post-Christian context.
- Serving as a member of the church’s teaching team for weekend services (frequency will be 4-12 times per year depending on experience and ability).
- Serving the other Hillside staff members with humility, contributing whenever possible to a sense of team and cooperation.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in ministry with a record of leading events and programs for students
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and lead adult volunteers and leaders
- Strong speaking ability in a variety of contexts
- Tech savvy - Well versed in Mac and cloud based programs
- An authentic, active walk with Christ that fuels ministry
- A self-starter with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to think big picture and strategy without losing sight of details
- Team player demonstrating humility, and strong interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and grow in family ministry
The Pastor of Students and Families will report to the Lead Pastor and serve in partnership with the Pastor of Children and Families to form Hillside Family Ministry.
Information on compensation will be discussed early in the application process. We believe in investing in our staff. We also recognize this is one of the most expensive places in the country to live and set compensation accordingly. Compensation will include
a base salary, health and dental insurance for the pastor and their family, retirement benefits, and an initial relocation allowance.
Please visit www.hillsidejob.com for more information and instructions on how to apply.