The Woodlands United Methodist Church is seeking a web developer to join their creative services team. This position is ideal for someone looking to build their experience and portfolio in a faith-based environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Write backend code for LAMP servers to meet functional specs
- Connect with existing third-party and custom apps using various APIs
- Be challenged to always improve on your own work
- Have the freedom to explore new methods and technologies
You Need To:
- Embrace HTML5 and CSS3, and the workarounds for IE8
- Develop in SASS, Angular, and Django (some jQuery and PHP too)
- Comment and document your code, and backup to GitHub
- Adhere to established industry standards and protocols
- Have a sharp attention to detail
- Enjoy working with passionate, creative folks
- Love Jesus
This is a permanent, full-time, on-site, salaried position. Benefits included. Ample caffeine included. Agencies, freelancers and remote workers will not be considered. If you feel you would be a good fit, send your cover letter, resume and asking salary.
No phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Woodlands United Methodist Church (TWUMC) is an 11,000-member congregation located in suburban Houston, Texas. TWUMC is an evangelical Methodist church offering eight live worship services each week in three unique worship styles. TWUMC webcasts worship
live online. TWUMC offers dynamic Christian programs for all ages, placing special emphasis on discipleship, missions and outreach. TWUMC also runs an accredited preschool, a private elementary school, and a licensed counseling center. The TWUMC mission is
to “Win people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in faith, and help those in need.” Learn more at thewoodlandsumc.org.