Pastor of Spiritual Formation
Christian Life Center is a dynamic body of believers celebrating its 25th year as a thriving church in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. As a New Testament church, we believe that the journey begins with an encounter with God through inspired worship and relevant application of the Bible. It is our belief that each service, event, and gathering is an opportunity to connect with the living God and that CLC is a community where everyday people discover their passion and purpose.
Simply put, Christian Life Center is about discovering God and experiencing His power in life-changing ways. This process happens through various ministries, relationships, and outreaches where the focus is loving people and reaching our world with the gospel of Christ.
Christian Life Center is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, race, sex, or any other characteristic as required by state and federal laws and as applicable to churches. CLC does discriminate on the basis of religion. All staff members must be born-again Christians.
The Pastor of Spiritual Formation will work with the Executive Pastor to devise strategy, build and lead teams, and shepherd individuals in order to lead, grow, and strengthen their walk with the Lord; collaborate with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor to identify, train, and develop leaders, facilitators, and lay ministers; champion the mission and vision of Christian Life Center through the oversight and implementation of a holistic discipleship plan through Group Life and evangelism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute and integrate wide-ranging spiritual formation plans
- Five or more years experience in small group and discipleship ministry
- Solid experience in recruiting, building, and unifying effective teams of volunteers to reach ministry goals and objectives with the ability to delegate authority appropriately
- Strong collaboration skills with leaders, peers, direct reports, other staff, and volunteers
- Able to develop and deliver communications that paint a compelling vision and subsequent strategy that motivates others to action
- Demonstrated wisdom and discernment; spiritual, emotional, cultural, and relational maturity
- A worldview that is aligned with the vision, mission, and direction of CLC.
- Demonstrates a deep love and commitment to Christ; commitment to spiritual growth, formation, and discipleship
- 10. Aptitude to inspire and raise the level of involvement, activity, and spiritual growth on a regular basis.
- 11. Successful and proven track record of discipleship, small groups, evangelism leadership.
Role and Responsibility
- Model Christ-centered leadership: relationally focused and empowering of individuals’ gifts and talents.
- Supervise multiple teams in their mission of growing disciples through adult-focused ministries, primarily Group Life (small groups) and evangelism.
- Work with leadership team, staff, and ministry volunteers to seek out and develop Group Life and evangelism leaders that will help grow disciples.
- Effectively implement and cast Life Group vision; garnering support and consistent momentum.
- Uncover and utilize the various skills, gifts, and talents of the congregation through discipleship efforts.
- Teach in large and small group environments in a variety of settings.
- Continually guide teams in discovering ways to engage the congregation, through small and mid-sized groups as well as events and opportunities, that help people connect and develop friendships.
- Attract, develop, and retain volunteer teams who grow through serving the needs of others while fostering those leaders to lead and develop others.
- Design and oversee the annual goals, budgets, and venues for Group Life ministries.
10. As part of the Pastoral Leadership Team, provide pastoral care and spiritual direction for CLC members, attenders, and seekers as needed.
11. Occasional sanctuary preaching and teaching, and performing weddings, funerals, and baptisms as needed.
12. Oversee the development and dissemination of Group Life curriculum.
- 13. Ensure effective program operations and outcomes.
14. Work with the Creative Arts Team on promotions for Group Life and evangelism ministries, including website, foyer usage, and weekend service promotions of upcoming events.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Schedule: 9 am to 5 pm Mon.-Thurs. (Available Sunday Services and other events as needed)
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Benefits: Health Insurance, Short Term Disability, paid vacation, sick, and personal leave
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports: Group Life team of leaders and volunteers
Interested candidates, please send resume to email@example.com. CLC offers a competitive benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience and education. Human Resources will contact the applicant that is best suited for the position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1