Director of Children’s Ministries
University United Methodist Church – Irvine, CA
UUMC is part of the California-Pacific Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Inspiring the world as passionate followers of Jesus
Christ so that all may experience God’s life-giving love
We are searching for an excellent team member who will coordinate our efforts to provide families with children, preschool through Grade 6, opportunities to grow in Christian spirituality through transforming programs and relationships. This position will
coordinate children’s ministries in our traditional English and Korean congregations, music ministry, and Messy Church, and will be a liaison to our Child’s World Preschool. Reports to the Lead Pastor.
In concert with the overall goals and vision of the church, and in partnership with church staff and the Children’s Ministry Team, the Director of Children’s Ministries will:
- Develop and implement Christian education programs for children
- Recruit and train teachers for Sunday morning and seasonal programming.
- Select or create appropriate curriculum.
- Develop programming that nurtures Christian family life
- Plan and coordinate programs/events to nurture families with children.
- Plan and coordinate programs/outreach to new families.
- Be attentive to the spiritual needs of children and their families.
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School or similar summer outreach event.
- Coordinate Children’s Christmas pageant or similar celebration
- Coordinate Children’s Easter event.
- Coordinate family ministry needs with office staff and volunteers: calendar, finances, leadership.
- Participate in the traditional English and Korean worship services.
- Coordinate Messy Church, a monthly alternative worship experience.
- Perform other duties as requested or required.
Skills and experience:
- Some religious education consistent with United Methodism
- Personal, demonstrated commitment to Christian faith formation
- Demonstrated cultural competency in a multiethnic environment
- At least 2 years experience with program and volunteer coordination
- Musical and/or artistic gifts are a plus!
- Love of children and their families
- High energy and enthusiasm
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently is required to move about and communicate.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Pay and benefits:
- 30 hours per week
- Vacation, holidays, sick days, benefit dollars
- $38,000 – 43,000 annually, dependent on education and experience
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 3.
Please do not call or drop by the office.
All employment at UUMC is at-will employment.