The Lufkin Dream Center is an organization affiliated with His Heart His Hands Ministries. This job description posting has been provided by Lufkin First Assembly. Please contact Billie Jean Johnson at the Lufkin Dream Center directly for all inquiries.
- To redeem lives by sharing God's love to people who are broken
so they may be restored and transformed.
- To restore hope and equip people to discover their God–given dreams and talents so they may reach their maximum potential while their mental, physical and spiritual needs are met.
- To feed the hungry, offer drink to the thirsty, befriend the stranger, clothe the naked, heal the sick, visit the imprisoned and proclaim freedom, release the oppressed, and minister to the elderly, the widows and the orphans.
LUFKIN DREAM CENTER
Revised: January 2015
One of the most important responsibilities of the LDC Board of Directors is to hire the Executive Director. While the Board of Directors oversees the direction and policies of the LDC, the Executive Director manages the daily operations. The Board appoints, supervises, encourages and when needed, removes the Executive Director.
The Board of Directors depends on the Executive Director for day-to-day operation to achieve the mission, enhance and broaden the vision, sets and meets the goals of the LDC. Because the Executive Director has a significant influence on LDC’s effectiveness and guidance with the residents and builds upon and strengthens the reputation of LDC in our communities of Angelina County, it is important that the Board of Directors and the Executive Director share in these steps and processes with servants attitudes. Working together will assure the goals and ministry of LDC are met and strengthen.
- Preferred Bachelor Degree or experience in Personnel Management and Business Management, Social Service or related field with two years of experience (preferred) and pass a thorough background check to include a criminal background and drug testing.
- Should be familiar with and/or develop a complete understanding of 501cl Non-Profit operations and the ability to resolve disputes/conflicts with staff and residents.
- Has competent documentation skills and must be able to read, write and comprehend English as a primary language as well as computer skills to include Microsoft Office needed to effectively manage the LDC.
II. JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- Have and develop Christian principles and attitude toward the LDC residents reflecting supportive, sensitive approach to staff and resident’s needs.
- Have the ability to understand the mental, physical, social and spiritual concerns and problems of the LDC residents with the ability to work consistently under pressure. In doing so have a compassionate heart with immovable boundaries in order to maintain the integrity of the LDC ministry and mission.
- Have an understanding of chemical dependency and withdrawal symptoms.
- Be an active member of a local church that is Christ-centered and Biblically based, as well as, daily seeking God and His wisdom in leading LDC while giving Godly guidance to the staff and residents.
- Have the ability to enhance, present and articulate the LDC mission and vision through-out the communities by striving to serve not only the staff and residents but the community at large by representing and explaining the philosophy to various individuals, organizations, agencies and churches.
- Prepare, execute and evaluate an annual budget exemplifying good stewardship as well as an on-going three year budget proposal to ensure growth and expansion of the LDC ministry.
- A willingness to learn, develop and write grants appropriate for LDC ministry.
- As Executive Director have the ability to be self-directed and function independently with a willingness to seek counsel and advice from the LDC Executive Committee.
- As Executive Director strive to be a role model for the staff, residents, volunteers, ministries in the community and agencies as you tell the LDC story of how the ministry will heal broken lives and bring God glory.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lufkin First Assembly
LFA's unique mission and vision creates a pathway towards fulfilling what God has called this body of believers to do. OUR MISSION: (WHAT WE ARE ABOUT) Transforming Generations for Christ. OUR VISION: (WHAT WE WANT TO BE) A church anyone can come to. More...