Freshwater’s vision is to be a church where someone can encounter the presence of God. The best picture of this is found in Ezekiel 47 (hence our name). We have prayed for this as a church and we hear story after story of people who are utterly transformed by the Holy Spirit’s presence in our services and ministries. We are looking for someone who has that same passion for prayer and hunger for God to lead people to Him.
Freshwater Community Church is located in a bedroom community of Cleveland and Akron, Ohio. While the church is over 80 years old, in the past 12 years we have experienced tremendous growth from 135 to now over 500 in our average Sunday attendance despite being in an old building and a horrible location. Come the end of January we are moving into a new facility on a new location with visibility. We have a pretty strong contemporary worship ministry and are looking for someone who is up for the challenge of not only leading our current ministry but also being able to help lead our church as we experience a new wave of growth when we move into our new building.
It's probably important you know serval things. One, that the senior pastor was a worship pastor at a previous church for four years. He's been the worship pastor here at Freshwater the past 12 years. Two, in our services the message is about 30 minutes of the 75 minutes. We have a strong value of taking time to come into God's presence. It's something that can't be rushed and it was his vision to create this environment. Third, whoever is coming in, will be swimming downstream and not have a struggle making a case for the importance of this position and the place the "Arts" have in a worship service. Last, you might be thinking, "Uhhh, follow the lead guy? Not gunna do it." This decision has been long in coming. He's been preaching and leading worship in both services for years and this past spring it was very clear to him that season is over. He's resolved on it because in his words, "It's what is best for Freshwater and what is best for my sanity." He's already begun stepping back and handing the ministry over to a lay-leader in order to gain more margin for himself and create space for the next leader God brings to Freshwater.
- Please respond through churchstaffing.com rather than contact the church directly.
- Also, if you want to check out Freshwater visit www.thefreshwater.church.
The following is the job description. It's a cut and paste job since we can't upload the document.
The Associate Pastor of Worship (full-time position) shall consider that their primary task is to lead all aspects of the preparation and execution of the worship services with a specific goal of leading Freshwater into the manifest presence of God to both worship Him and encounter Him.
- Demonstrate spiritual & and emotional maturity and health according to biblical standards
- Be passionate about a Holy Spirit empowered ministry and seeking His anointing
- Sense a call towards leading worship ministry
- Possess a strong desire and the capability of working with adults
- Be licensed, or capable of being licensed, for ministry by the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Have completed appropriate training for worship ministry, either through college or seminary, or have practical on the job training in the local church
- Have a strong grasp of music theory and an accomplished musician vocally and with the guitar or piano.
- Be committed to the local church through faithful attendance, giving, and service
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Possess administrative talents and abilities
- Maintain a positive attitude towards the staff and ministry
- Be flexible in the shifting environment of ministry
- Possess a reputation of integrity
Leadership Development and Empowerment
- Every year be part of leading a group of 4 people through our leadership development focused on CORE development
- In all aspects of ministry empower people to serve and lead rather than doing the ministry.
- Develop the vision, strategy, in conjunction with the Senior pastor and then implement Freshwater’s vision for worship ministry.
- Be responsible for the recruiting, training, performance, and spiritual health of all teams within the worship ministry. (sound team, computer team, band, vocals, planning team, etc.)
- Build a service planning team and in conjunction with the Senior Pastor plan out the worship services and songs lists.
- Build a creative arts team that brings set design, art, special music, drama, etc., into the worship experience.
- Every year create a dynamic “out-reach” oriented Christmas Eve service and Easter service and other thematic events (Missions Conference, etc)
- Be willing to help lead worship in contexts outside of Sunday morning that may arise (Prayer Service, Leader retreats, District Conference, etc)
- Embrace our value of shared leadership and be off from leading worship 12-15 Sundays a year. (Those Sundays you will still be in attendance but not leading worship)
- Manage the worship ministry budget.
- Coordinate the announcements and special events into the worship service (baptisms, baby dedications, new membership, missions, etc)
- Coordinate a/v technology for all ministries to make sure Freshwater has the right and necessary equipment for optimal effectiveness and excellence.
- TBD: Given the growth of our church all of our pastoral staff is having to jump into areas to help out (for example: Assimilation, Deacons/Deaconesses, Trustees, etc.) We want to first discover the gifting of a candidate before we specify what area will be assigned.
- Be a full-team player, along with the Senior Pastor, in providing servant leadership, pastoral care, counseling, and visitation to the church body.
- Participate in VBS week each year it occurs.
Pro-presenter 5 (looking to upgrade to 6 after the first patch is released)
Sound board: Allen Heath HD-80
Programmable lights - looking to upgrade but haven't landed on one yet
Masking with pro-presenter.
Aviom in ear monitors
Play with Click track
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorEvangel Assembly of God
- Tallahassee, Florida
- October 1
Worship PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Pastor of Worship & ShepherdingMount Aetna Bible Church
- Mt. Aetna, Pennsylvania
- September 29
Worship PastorBeach Church
- Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- September 29
Worship MinisterFirst Baptist of Delray Beach
- Delray Beach, Florida
- September 29