Supervise all ministries and activities that pertain to the Elementary facilities of AbundantKids for children ages 4 years to 5th grade. This supervision requires proper coordination of ministries for these ages during all services and other
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate lessons with Biblical applications to children.
- Effectively develop and communicate schedules for all volunteer teachers, assistants, media and support within the department.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate audio/visual needs.
- Coordinate all special events and activities for this age group.
- Research and obtain curriculum, literature, props and other resources for the department.
- Recruit, train and assign volunteers, teachers, and assistants for the department.
- Monitor classrooms and play areas for safe and appropriate games, lessons, class materials, crafts and furnishings for each room in the department.
- Ensure classroom policies and procedures are communicated, followed and adhered to at all times within the department.
- Ensure all safety and security procedures are communicated, followed and adhered to in the department; including criminal background checks for volunteers, training in child abuse and protection, health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety
and security of the children.
- Research and implement needs and trends in elementary level development and education.
- Inspect equipment and supplies; purchase and discard items as necessary.
- Maintain current list of volunteers and contact information. Communicate volunteer status for appropriate record keeping.
- Review records of attendance of both children and volunteers; follow up on absenteeism.
- Oversee budget and expenses for the department.
- Oversee the Discipleship program; including curriculum, teachers, activities, and student recognition.
- Oversee the Special Needs program; to include, curriculum, teachers, and activities.
- Address concerns, complaints, and inquiries.
- Adhere to the ministry’s standards of confidentiality.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bible school graduate with a focus on children’s ministry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- English language proficiency—oral and written form.
COMPETENCIES--KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to teach, train, and develop others
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow directions
- Team player, promote harmony and unity
- Ability to coordinate volunteer teams
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve with conflict resolution skills
- Knowledgeable in child development, behavior and learning styles
- Ability to minister scriptural teaching to children.
Elementary Director *Schedule is subject to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- This type of work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for extended periods.
- Person performing service in this position will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Abundant Living Family Church provides all training required to ensure employee safety.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment
to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Abundant Living Family Church provides all training required to ensure employee safety.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, and two letters of recommendations to Robert Thompson by no later than Monday, August 3, 2015.