Employer: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
Location: 1310 Shepherd Drive, Naperville, IL
Hours: Part-time position working 30 hours per week including occasional weekend and Sunday hours.
Hiring Salary: $15.00 - $15.75 depending on experience.
Benefits: Paid vacation and sick leave.
OVERVIEW: Good Shepherd is a 4,000+ member Christian church with the primary mission to “Reach and Transform Spiritually distracted people so we all come to love and serve God.” Every member of our staff, including this position, is challenged
to help fulfill that mission.
PURPOSE: Responsible for planning and implementing portions of the overall children’s ministry program under the direction of the Director of Family Life—Children’s Ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The position’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide delegated responsibility and assistance to the entire children’s ministries department
- Track measurables such as attendance, background checks, and budget
- Equip leaders with information needed to effectively communicate with families in their small groups
- Distribute, file, organize, and maintain all records including registration for all events and programming
- Assist in assimilating new families
- Assist with all special events
- Coordinate volunteers for all family connections, family events, and special events
- Work alongside Children’s Ministry Administrator—Faith Development to oversee, coordinate, and care for volunteer teams for all curriculum needs
- Assist with planning and implementing fellowship events for leader teams
- Recruit and provide guidance to a team responsible for monthly leadership appreciation events as well as an annual appreciation breakfast for leaders and their families
- Assist in creating role descriptions for all serving areas within children’s ministries
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of a high school diploma or GED and one year of experience in administrative work. Ability to pass a background check is required.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and passion to share God’s love
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to attract, develop, and lead people and/or ministry teams
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint)
A pre-employment background check is required
GOOD SHEPHERD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, interested candidates should email resume and cover letter describing your interest as to email@example.com as early as possible and by the preferred date of July 24th, 2015. Please do not contact employer directly.