Pastor to Student Ministries
Operational Report: Bryan Tema, Lead Pastor
General Report: Blaine Farr, Pastor to familylife ministries
This pastoral role will be responsible to plan, implement, supervise and evaluate a team of paid/volunteer staff towards the execution of a relationally-based high school ministry environment where . . .
- High school students have a safe place to BELONG.
- The structure reinforces an environment for a high-school student to
GROW in their relationship with Jesus through discipleship strategies that encourage biblical training coupled with ministry opportunities both within the Student Ministry and throughout the church.
- Students are trained and equipped to REACH out to those who do not know Jesus or are un-churched.
- Provide directorial leadership to all ministry operations affecting high school ministries directly, and middle-school ministries indirectly.
- Develop strong working relationship with the pastoral leadership team in partnering with
gracespring vision execution.
- Work in tandem with familylife team to execute leadership strategy of teaming with parents to grow up students in the Lord.
- Oversee operational and budgetary process over Student Ministry, working with the Middle School Director.
- Recruit and develop strong volunteer leaders to come alongside of high school students.
- Establish strong relationships with students not only at church, but support them where they go to school and their involvements.
- Establish strong relationship with parents through clear communication and helpful resources.
- Develop and implement new ideas to keep ministry to students relevant.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Meet occasionally with the Lead Pastor for Ministry Action Plan (MAP) development and evaluation, along with general observations and mentoring.
- Meet regularly with the familylife team for sharing and strategizing of complimentary vision.
- Meet regularly with the Pastoral leadership team to provide input into the health of the ministry at large.
- Represent Student Ministry at church and in the community in a way that honors Christ.
- Serve the Church Body of gracespring through periodic Pulpit Supply (2-4 times/year).
- Be open to improvement – personally and for the team.
Since the Pastor to Student Ministry (High School) plays a major role in the faith development of the younger members of the church, both as a leader, and as an example,
gracespring seeks a professional leader who has a solid understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ, a depth of biblical knowledge and a strong desire to grow up students, and adult leaders, to follow Jesus. We seek a person
who generates new ideas and whose team is willing to think ‘outside the box’ in ways that will help accomplish our mission of
‘changed lives . . . changing lives’. Therefore the following qualifications are desirable:
- Needs to have a minimum of 5 years of proven Student Ministry leadership experience.
- Preferred to have a college degree in related field of study, but must have at least a college degree.
- Proven gift of teaching God’s Word in a relevant way.
- Demonstration of leading missions initiatives.
- A reputation for recruiting and training up volunteer leaders who thrive under their leadership.
- A relational leader with a track record of encouragement both within the ministry and the community.
- Preferred to have good organizational skills, or the clear ability to delegate well.
- Affirm gracespring’s statement of faith.
- A stubborn determination toward excellence.
- Full-time salary, based on 45 hours/week, reviewed after 90 days.
- Employee health insurance plan
- Accrued vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com