KIDS MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
Discipleship Process and Vision of Legacy Bible Church:
We are a COMMUNITY desiring to live out the Gospel by:
Embracing the Gospel; Embodying the Gospel; Entrusting the Gospel;
(Worship and Serve) --- (Authentic Community) --- (Discipleship) ---
and engaging the community with the Gospel
Responsibilities and Purpose:
The Legacy Kids Minister is responsible for directing and overseeing the spiritual development of children ages birth – 6th grade. This includes overseeing our Sunday morning kids ministry large group and small groups, confirm, train, and equip, and execute
curriculum, lead a family-focused ministry, oversee and manage all children's ministry staff (assistants and coordinators), oversee the budget, and design events to reach in and to reach out to kids/families.
- This position will report directly to the Family Pastor
- Supervises and directs Kids’ Ministry team.
- Receives support from peers on staff and leadership teams.
- Works closely with all areas of ministry within LBC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of volunteers in the operation of a Kids’ Ministry, including weekend services and periodic special events.
- Utilize and/or evaluate current curriculum to have an age appropriate plan for kids birth-4th Grade
- Encourage parents to be involved in Legacy Kids Ministry, as a way to affectively apply serving lessons in their own homes.
- Manage kids’ registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and periodic special events.
- Maintain a list and conduct background screening for all individuals providing childcare to various ministries at LBC.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff Kids’ Ministry classrooms and special events.
- Cast vision for and program the church’s annual kids related community events:Sports Camp; Pajamarama (Parents Night Out), and additional ideas.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of Kid’s Ministry facilities and grounds.
- Create a plan for the development of an annual budget for Kids’ Ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Possession of a teaching or related degree is required. Extensive ministry experience, or experience working directly with kids/parents/volunteers can be substituted.
- The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children about God, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.
- A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is a real plus.
- The person must demonstrate an ongoing and vibrant individual walk with Christ.
- The individual should resonate with our vision and process, and share the desire to lead in a gospel-centered environment.
Expectations and Compensation:
- Fully embrace the vision and values of Legacy Bible Church.
- Be self-motivated, passionate, and a leader of others.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- 30 hour minimum, but ideally 40 hours (full-time) position.
- Salary: Commensurate depending on education, experience, and qualificatition.