KIDS MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
Discipleship Process and Vision of Legacy Bible Church:
We are a COMMUNITY desiring to live out the Gospel by:
Embracing the Gospel; Embodying the Gospel; Entrusting the Gospel;
(Worship and Serve) --- (Authentic Community) --- (Discipleship) ---
and engaging the community with the Gospel
Responsibilities and Purpose:
The Legacy Kids Minister is responsible for directing and overseeing the spiritual development of children ages birth – 6th grade. This includes overseeing our Sunday morning kids ministry large group and small groups, confirm, train, and equip, and execute curriculum, lead a family-focused ministry, oversee and manage all children's ministry staff (assistants and coordinators), oversee the budget, and design events to reach in and to reach out to kids/families.
- This position will report directly to the Family Pastor
- Supervises and directs Kids’ Ministry team.
- Receives support from peers on staff and leadership teams.
- Works closely with all areas of ministry within LBC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of volunteers in the operation of a Kids’ Ministry, including weekend services and periodic special events.
- Utilize and/or evaluate current curriculum to have an age appropriate plan for kids birth-4th Grade
- Encourage parents to be involved in Legacy Kids Ministry, as a way to affectively apply serving lessons in their own homes.
- Manage kids’ registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and periodic special events.
- Maintain a list and conduct background screening for all individuals providing childcare to various ministries at LBC.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff Kids’ Ministry classrooms and special events.
- Cast vision for and program the church’s annual kids related community events:Sports Camp; Pajamarama (Parents Night Out), and additional ideas.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of Kid’s Ministry facilities and grounds.
- Create a plan for the development of an annual budget for Kids’ Ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Possession of a teaching or related degree is required. Extensive ministry experience, or experience working directly with kids/parents/volunteers can be substituted.
- The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children about God, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.
- A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is a real plus.
- The person must demonstrate an ongoing and vibrant individual walk with Christ.
- The individual should resonate with our vision and process, and share the desire to lead in a gospel-centered environment.
Expectations and Compensation:
- Fully embrace the vision and values of Legacy Bible Church.
- Be self-motivated, passionate, and a leader of others.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- 30 hour minimum, but ideally 40 hours (full-time) position.
- Salary: Commensurate depending on education, experience, and qualificatition.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
Legacy Bible Church
We are a group of people who believe the gospel. We believe that the gospel transforms and renews our hearts, our relationships with others and calls us to live a life on mission, locally and in the world. We take to heart that we are sinners saved by grace. We are growing in our understanding that we are far more sinful and depraved than we ever really want to admit, yet at the same time far more loved, accepted and valued than we ever could have imagined. And we believe that the more we understand those two truths, the more we are transformed More...