CityChurch is a contemporary, non-denominational church in Plaza Midwood, Charlotte, NC. We describe ourselves as being “Real, Relational and Religion Free.” Since being planted 9 years ago we have grown to about 300 people, have bought our own building
and will this winter be adding a second service to facilitate the growth that we have been experiencing. This role therefore provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to play a key role at the heart of the church at what is
an exciting time in the life of our community.
The Church Administrator & Executive Assistant has two primary responsibilities.
Firstly, providing the Lead Pastor with high-level support in a wide range of activities to assist him as he serves the church.
Secondly, to ensure the successful delivery of core functions of the church including the smooth delivery of Sunday Services, church communications, calendar coordination, database management as well as supplies
and office management.
The Primary Role:
24 hours per week (with potential to increase as we add a second service)
Assist the Senior Pastor with a Wide Range of Tasks Including:
- Management of day-to-day Pastoral Ministry
- Preparation of materials for meetings
- Preparation for Sunday Services and Experiencing God Evenings etc.
- Helping people connect to Life Groups
Coordinate the Operational Aspects of Delivering Sunday Services:
- Coordinating service plans / supplies / produce bulletin & graphics etc.
- Sanctuary set up and hospitality
- Monthly Welcome / Becoming A Partner Lunches
- Set up for monthly Experiencing God Evenings
Champion aspects of Church-wide Administration:
- Coordinate church calendar, room booking, staff vacations etc.
- Manage church database and upkeep & send out weekly emails from Pastor Al
- Production & printing of key communication documents
- Ad hoc church administrative issues
Responsible for Office and aspects of Building Management:
- Day-to-day office management including: phone, supplies, mail, recycling, coffee etc.
- Oversee church cleaning crews & management of storage areas
The Ideal Candidate Must:
- Demonstrate excellent written & oral communication skills
- Be organized, efficient, and detail oriented & enjoy working with volunteers / teams
- Be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Have previous administrative and event management experience
- Have MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint experience and ability to learn new programs
Reports: Directly to Senior Pastor Al Hardy
Salary: $25,700 per year
Application Closing Date: August 16th, 2015