The Director of Children’s Ministry has responsibility for the oversight and supervision of the entire children’s ministry (0 years through 4th grade) at Chapin UMC. The Director will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for leading children
and their families towards a personal relationship in Jesus Christ and on towards spiritual maturity. The Director will manage and administrate a ministry that is organizationally effective and marked by excellence. The Director will recruit and train leaders
who touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people – laying a foundation that will keep children interested in the gospel and involved in church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Manage, supervise and administrate all components of the children’s ministry including – Sunday morning Nursery, Sunday School, Wee Worship, Kids Worship, Vacation Bible School, Fine Arts Camp, Registration Desk, and other special or seasonal events.
- Oversee Safe Sanctuary Policy compliance, to include screening and training of new volunteers as well maintaining Safe Sanctuary records, ensuring paperwork on volunteers is updated as required.
- Recruit, train and lead children’s leaders/workers.
- In relationship with appropriate councils and teams, approve all children’s ministries programs, curricula, and activities.
- Creatively envision, develop and execute targeted programs and events that reach out to children and families with the gospel.
- Develop and oversee budget and expenditures for the children’s ministry department.
- Counsel and pray with children and parents regarding spiritual matters.
- Attend and provide progress reports to the church leadership at designated meetings.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and all other staff events as required.
- Establish and aggressively pursue annual goals for the children’s ministry, ensuring they are in line with CUMC’s vision.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CUMC leadership.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Have demonstrated experience and/or relevant education appropriate for children’s ministry (bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or 5 years minimum experience in children’s ministry setting).
- Team builder and team player – highly relational and effective communicator.
- Highly organized, able to complete assignments and tasks on time.
- Is a life-long learner.
- Is knowledgeable of and embraces CUMC’s Mission for Jesus Christ.