- Along with the Senior Pastor, direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of each worship service
- Lead (vocally) and direct the worship at regular and special services, utilizing worship teams.
- Oversee an adult choir through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training, and spiritual nurture. Include the choir as a regular part of worship where it fits stylistically.
- Oversee an adult praise team through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training and spiritual nurture.
- Oversee an adult praise band (including instrumentalists) through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training and spiritual nurture.
- Oversee the planning and direction of special worship services/events
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule all vocalists, sound technicians, lighting technicians, computer technicians, video technicians and music department staff.
- Supervise and coordinate the use, implementation and maintenance of sound, lighting and worship related equipment and instruments.
- Select and purchase all needed music, equipment and instruments, as well as all related resources in the music and worship department.
- Prepare and implement all budgetary matters related to this ministry (with Administrator assistance)
- Attend weekly staff meetings for prayer, encouragement, calendar planning, ministry implementation and evaluation.
- Oversee all other aspects related to the music program, including supervision and coordination of age-related choirs
- Pastoral responsibilities such as hospital visitation, funerals, counseling, etc.
Required Qualifications: Masters Degree
3-5 Vocational Ministry Experience