Associate Lead Pastor to Fellowship, Pellissippi Campus
Fellowship Church, Knoxville, Tennessee
The Associate Lead Pastor for Church Planting serves on the Pastoral Staff of Fellowship Church and primarily assists the Pastor for Fellowship Church Pellissippi (FCP) in the church planting endeavors of the Pellissippi Corridor, while also assisting the pastoral team with other various disciple-making ministries of our church. He works closely with the lead pastor and staff to make more and better disciples for Christ for the transformation of the Pellissippi Corridor. This person reports directly to the Lead Pastor of FCP.
- Personal Responsibilities: These responsibilities constitute approximately 5% of the position and include but are not limited to:
- In this specific area of ministry pursue a habit of being well-read and take advantage of networking with others in a similar role (This also could extend into other responsibilities as well).
- Life Group Development: These responsibilities constitute approximately 30% of the position and include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, supporting, leading and assisting in casting the vision for individuals and small groups committing to be a part of LGs in the Pellissippi Corridor.
- Serve as the leader of a team who is sustaining and launching new LGs for FCP. (i.e. leadership development).
- Assist the Lead Pastor of FCP with casting vision and communicating to FCP participants how they can play a role with their various resources regarding FCP (time, relational capacity, finances, etc.).
- Grow and oversee network of coaches for LGs.
- Corporate Sunday System Development: These responsibilities constitute approximately 30% of the position and include but are not limited to:
- Serving as the pastor, to develop the different ministry systems needed to extend the vision and mission of FCP.
- Developing and overseeing network of coaches for Sunday Morning systems.
- Assisting the Lead Pastor of FCP in the preparation of and responsibilities of preaching approximately 15-18 Sundays over the course of the year.
- Ensuring that all details for the owned and rental property are handled efficiently. (Trailer, storage unit, future rental space)
- Discipleship Program Development: These responsibilities constitute approximately 30% of the position and include but are not limited to:
- Providing direction and pastoral oversight of all discipleship related activities: men’s and women’s ministries, children ministries (outside of the corporate Sunday setting, local/ global partnerships, etc.) by extending and implementing the mission and vision of the Lead Pastor of FCP for this major focus area.
- Acting as liaison between discipleship programs/systems and the leadership team.
- Assisting in the selection and development of curriculum for discipleship ministries.
- General Pastoral Duties: These responsibilities constitute approximately 5% of the position and include but are not limited to:
- Participation in monthly Pastoral Staff meetings and all-staff chapels at Middlebrook campus.
- Occasional attendance and observation of various ministry boards and committees of the church.
C. Performing other pastoral duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Must display high spiritual maturity.
- Has a servant’s heart and is willing to accept responsibility.
- Works with a high degree of honesty and work ethic.
- Displays a heart for the lost.
- Has a coachable spirit.
- Drives for excellence in all areas of leadership.
- Is very relational. Has a very approachable demeanor with the ability to attract others.
- Has a strong independent spirit, but can still work well on teams. Must be able to lead and be a team player with humility.
- Responds well to rejection (resilient).
1. Excellent communicator in one on one, small group and large stage settings.
2. Strong leader of teams and small groups.
3. Strong people skills with high emotional intelligence.
4. Demonstrates expertise in vision casting and vision attainment.
4 year undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies or seminary training required.
Minimum of 5 fulltime years in disciple-making and/or church planting
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
We believe that there is but one living and true God, who is one in essence, while eternally existing in three distinct personalities: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Though each person of the Godhead possesses the same nature, each functions differently in respect with God’s dealing with man (Dt. 6:4)More...