HILLSIDE COVENANT CHURCH
DIRECTOR OF HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRIES – FULL-TIME EXEMPT
The Director of High School Ministries is responsible for overseeing the entire high school ministry (ninth to twelfth grade) to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program. The director will recruit and train leaders who will touch students’
lives with God's love, teach them God's Word and provide fellowship with God's people – laying a foundation that will keep students invested in their faith and involved in church for a lifetime. He or she will be actively involved in a team approach to ministry
planning and implementation with an emphasis on supporting and equipping volunteers and building relationships with students, their friends, family and community. This position reports to the Director of Spiritual Formation.
1. Develop vision and strategy for High School Ministries
2. Oversee all aspects of High School Ministries including Sunday Mornings in Pulse, mid-week programming, small groups, retreats, mission trips, special events and other trips.
3. Encourage the introduction to and assimilation of High School students into the life of the congregation as active participants of the Hillside church family (including baptism, discipleship, membership, ministry involvement, student leadership development,
4. Develop Bible-based ministries that seek to address the spiritual needs of non-Christians, as well as deeply committed followers of Christ.
5. Build spiritually-based relationships with students so they will be encouraged and challenged to grow spiritually and personally.
6. Provide pastoral care for youth and their family and friends as needed (and appropriate.)
7. Serve as the primary teacher for all facets of the High School ministry; accepting overall responsibility for the doctrine and teaching students receive; delegate this responsibility as appropriate and necessary.
8. Facilitate effective communication between students, parents, adult volunteers and the larger Hillside community.
9. Recruit, train, equip, and encourage adult volunteer staff and ministry leaders to serve in various areas of Student Ministries, caring for their growth and development.
10. Recruit, train, equip, and encourage youth in their involvement and leadership within the various areas of Student Ministries
11. Oversee the transition of eighth to ninth grade and graduation to college with programs and meetings.
12. Maintain competence in current youth needs and program strategies.
13. Be familiar with the use of Social Media, technology and cultural tools that can enhance and aid ministry.
14. Accept financial oversight and responsibility for High School Ministries activities, programs, events and trips.
15. Work with the Director of Family Ministries to support parents as the key spiritual leaders in their homes.
16. Serve with pastoral staff, providing mutual support toward the vision of Hillside Covenant Church, putting a high priority on working together as a team.
17. Take initiative in building relationships with students outside of regularly scheduled programs.
18. As part of the Spiritual Formation Team, collaborate, encourage and support fellow teammates.
Regular Meetings with Director of Spiritual Formation
Weekly Pastoral Staff Meetings
Monthly – Spiritual Formation Team Meetings
Occasional Meetings with Staff and Council
Thursday Night Program
Sunday Morning Pulse
Weekend trips and events
Regularly scheduled meetings
Staff Development Time (Day Meetings and Retreats)
POSITION EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong sense of mission and heart for ministry
• Proven leadership and management skills in a Student Ministry program
• Possesses strong servant leadership, relational, teaching, discipleship and administrative skills
• Goal oriented and a self-starter
• Team player – committed to working as a part of a staff team
• Organized and professional in communication, planning and preparation
• Worship leading experience is preferred, but not required.
• Skills required: Competent in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (Working knowledge of Adobe Suite is preferred)
• A minimum of a bachelors' degree, or equivalent experience
• Reports to the Director of Spiritual Formation
• Partnership with the Director of Middle School Ministries, Children’s Ministries, and Family Ministries as part of the Spiritual Formation Team.
• Is a member of the Pastoral Staff Team
Email a letter of interest with a statement of faith and a resume to Michele Miller (email@example.com).