Houston Chinese Church is looking for an individual who has demonstrated strong pulpit skill and will share the workload with the present pastoral team to shepherd the Cantonese-speaking congregation. We are looking for an individual who has demonstrated
integrity, teachability and Christ-like character. This person is to be self-motivated in carrying out the daily pastoral responsibilities that include the ministry skills listed below.
Relationship: Accountable to the Senior Pastor but to work closely with the pastoral team.
Education: Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary.
Experience: Prefer 3 or more years of pastoral ministry experience in North America.
Language: Cantonese; and conversational Mandarin and English.
Marital Status: Married preferred, but not required.
- Communicates God’s Word effectively in preaching and teaching.
- Has a conviction for discipleship and has practiced it both formally and informally.
- Is a team player who listens well yet expresses his thoughts; who respects and submits to others.
- Has the heart of a shepherd and servant; leads by example in his personal, family and ministry life.
- Provides leadership, direction and training, especially in the context of small group ministry.
- Communicates well with others.
- Develops and implements personal and ministry objectives.
- Delegates responsibilities to others and provides supervision.
- Provides counseling (personal growth, premarital and marital) and willing to acquire such skills through additional classes and training.
- Is sensitive to ministry in a Chinese and Western culture and value setting.
- Is able to minister to families at different stages of life.
This person will work with the pastoral team in the planning and implementation of various projects and programs within the church at large.
- Regular preaching in the Cantonese worship service.
- Teach in Adult Sunday School, fellowship groups and other occasions.
- Provide vision and direction for the various fellowship and/or small groups.
- Work with coworkers to set up strategies to reach out to the community and disciple believers.
- Train small group and other leaders in various ministry skills.
- Train members going on mission trips and other projects.
- Provide counseling to church members as needs arise.
- Hospitality ministry.
- Plan and strategize different aspects of the ministry.
- Work with the pastoral staff in recruiting individuals with different gifts and talents to serve in different ministries.
Candidates should email their resume/CV to email@example.com