Pinelake Church is seeking a storyteller and innovator to join its Communications Ministry as the Content Manager. Qualified candidates will know how to establish a consistent voice for Pinelake Church and maintain that voice across all mediums. They will
have the ability to write promotional content with clarity as well as inspirational content with conviction. As a storyteller, the Content Manager will enjoy connecting with members of Pinelake for the purpose of hearing their story and retelling it in an
engaging way to the church family. They will also strive to remain on the leading edge of social media and digital communication trends. Optimizing the utilization of all online communication tools will be a priority. Above all the Content Manager will ensure
that Pinelake’s brand messaging is consistent in style, quality and tone of voice across all mediums including web, social media, video, email, signage, direct mail, internal communication and external advertising.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Encourage congregational engagement through the use of compelling stories and well-crafted promotional content.
- Write content for all print and digital communications produced by the Communications Ministry.
- Research, interview, and write stories of life-change among members of the congregation for distribution through online and print mediums.
- Serve as a consultant to ministry teams on writing for promotional materials and web pages.
- Remain abreast of current web communications trends.
- Supervises web developer and may supervise and/or coordinate work with servant leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, creative writing or related field. Professional experience in the field is an acceptable substitute if Bachelor’s degree is in another discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience writing for print and online publication.
- Must have excellent English grammar and spelling and the ability to proof and edit their own and others’ writing.
- Must have expertise in writing for social media, blogs, and other online communications.
- Must be familiar with Associated Press style.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in deadline-heavy environment.
- Must have the capacity to understand the big picture but give meticulous attention to detail, and find fulfillment in both.
- Knowledge of basic web design and content management systems is a must.
- Knowledge of basic graphic design, page layout, and/or photography a plus.