This position is responsible for strategically shaping internal and external communication to support ministries, encourage participation, highlight mission and reinforce core identity. The DCCL will partner with the church staff and key leaders to promote
an authentic Christian community through biblical learning, spiritual growth, fellowship and intergenerational experiences.
To the Pastor/Head of Staff and to the Session through the Personnel Ministry
In coordination with the existing church staff, ruling elders and ministry leaders:
- Designs and coordinates a program that welcomes newcomers and assimilates them into church life.
- Designs and develops small group experiences/classes to nurture the faith and sense of belonging for adults at BPC.
- Directs an equipping ministry that helps members discover individual gifts and talents.
- Creates opportunities for multiple generations at BPC to work side by side through various mission and service opportunities.
- Serves as overall "oracle of joy," ensuring the congregation hears about life changing programs being offered, particularly in youth and children’s ministry.
- Partners with the pastor, age-level coordinators and key leaders to develop and organize a coordinated calendar of church activities, including 6-8 intergenerational events during each calendar year at BPC.
- Creates and coordinates internal and external communications including website and social media, mass emails, directories, videos, audios, posters, brochures, banners, advertising, and press releases.
- Oversees, maintains and upgrades the design and content of the church website.
- Possess a strong faith and familiarity with Mainline congregational culture and life; desire to teach, nurture and guide others in their own discipleship; excellent computer, social media, writing, and organizational skills, outgoing personality with
the ability to motivate and equip volunteers.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in marketing, communications or a similar major required; or equivalent experience in an appropriate field.
- Undergo regular, ongoing professional education as well as child protection training.
The DCCL will work, in close cooperation with the Pastor and the rest of the staff, to create settings for spiritual growth and congregational involvement.
Send cover letter and resume to Austin Banks, Personnel Chair, Blacksburg Presbyterian Church, Blacksburg VA, 24060; or via email@example.com.