Highlands Church Children's Ministry Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To ignite the desire for a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ in children and to encourage and equip parents in developing a biblical world view in their children. To teach a Bible-based curriculum and encourage a Biblically based lifestyle
among the children.
1. Growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
3. Have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, Child Development or a related field (preferred).
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Provide oversight, leadership, and teaching of the Children's ministries that include: Adventureland, Worship Nights, and other special services.
2. Successfully implement and teach an age-appropriate, biblically-based curriculum that has a long-term vision for teaching the major stories and themes of Scripture.
3. Recruit, train, supervise, lead, encourage, oversee, schedule, pray for, and involve new volunteers for the Children's Ministry.
4. Implement a comprehensive Check-In/Check-Out procedure that gives a great first impression to visitors, while providing security and safety for children.
5. Create and effectively manage financial resources to stay within the ministry's budget.
6. Organize childcare for church meetings and special events.
7. Communicate on a consistent and regular basis with parents and provide them with tools they need for proper biblical parenting.
8. Maintain Children's Ministry's section on website.
9. Participate in weekly staff meetings with the Highlands staff.
10. Support other Highland's ministries / programs / events as needed.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
• Must fully embrace the vision and mission statement of Highlands Church.
• Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, willingness and ability to work quickly despite a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
• Ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
• Core competencies of discernment and wise judgment.
• Eye for excellence and extreme attention to detail.
• Self-starter: good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects in a limited time frame.
• Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
• Proven ability to achieve results.
• Personality which embraces growth and change, while adapting with innovation and creativity.