Houston Chinese Church is looking for a Senior Pastor to lead a Mandarin, English, and Cantonese speaking church with a history of over 38 years and an average Sunday attendance of approximately 1,000. The candidate needs to demonstrate strong visionary leadership and preaching ability. We are looking for an individual who is teachable and has integrity and Christ-like character. This person has experience in disciple-making, leadership training, and team building.
Education: Master of Divinity or higher from a recognized accredited seminary.
Experience: Must be ordained; prefer 7 or more years of pastoral ministry experience in North America.
Language: Mandarin and English; Cantonese is beneficial.
Marital Status: Married preferred.
Relationship: Accountable to fellow Elders.
Leadership and Vision
- Demonstrates ability to lead and communicate vision, direction & strategy.
- Has a history of participating in a team-centered ministry setting.
- Is a team player who respects others by listening well and trusting them.
- Able to lead the pastoral staff.
- Inspires, influences and challenges the spiritual well-being of the congregation, so that they may glorify God in their public and private lives.
- Leads with patience and grace.
- Agrees completely with the Articles of Faith, Church Constitution and the Mission and Core Values of HCC.
- Communicates God’s Word effectively in preaching and teaching to people at a variety of spiritual maturity levels. Able to translate biblical truth into daily application.
- Has a conviction for discipleship and has practiced it both formally and informally.
- Demonstrates a compassionate shepherd’s heart for all ages.
- Communicates well with others.
- Delegates responsibilities to others and provides supervision.
- Displays sensitivity to Chinese and Western culture and values.
- Models a life passionate for Jesus Christ and the work of His Church.
- Models strong relational and interpersonal skills.
- Models a life of integrity and consistency of spiritual growth.
- Leads by example in personal, family and ministry life.
- Meets the qualifications recorded in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
Candidates should email their resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Creative Arts PastorFusion Bible Church
- Durant, Oklahoma
- December 10
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
graceKIDS! Assistant (Oviedo Campus)Grace Church
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Houston Chinese Church
Houston Chinese Church is a Mandarin, English, and Cantonese speaking church with a history of over 38 years and an average Sunday attendance of approximately 1,000. HCC exists to make God-loving and compassionate disciples of Jesus Christ among all nations. More...