Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Bring vision and creativity to the music programs of Christ UMC.
2. Plan and coordinate the entire music program, providing leadership and resources to the organist and leaders of the musical groups including, the praise band, youth and children’s choirs, and bell choir.
3. Participate in the planning of worship with the pastor and worship committee, including special performances at Christmas, Easter and end of the school year.
4. Work with the pastor to schedule all choirs and ensembles participating in worship.
5. Hold a weekly rehearsal and direct the adult choir from late August through early June.
6. Recruit and facilitate participation from all age groups within the congregation.
7. Make available new resources and ideas to program participants.
8. Coordinate with the worship committee to submit the annual budget requirements for the music.
9. Maintain the music library and supervise the maintenance of all instruments (piano, keyboards, hand bells)
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Minimum Bachelor's degree in music, church music, or other related degree.
2. Demonstrated skill and competency at the keyboard, particularly organ and piano.
3. Experience and competency directing choirs of all age groups.
4. Ability to work well with others and participate collegially with staff members, Pastors, and congregational leaders
Approximate hours: 14/week
Salary based on qualifications and experience
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will begin in early August.