Canyon Springs Church
Kids Sunday Sunday School Director—Part-Time
Canyon Springs Church’s Children’s Ministry provides relevant, age appropriate learning and connection opportunities for kids from birth to 5th grade. During all weekend worship services, ministry for kids is provided and executed by a large base of volunteers
led by the Children’s Sunday School Director
The Children’s Sunday School Director will work with the Pastor to achieve the goals of Canyon Springs Church. They will also be responsible for the specific goals related to a successful Children’s Ministry.
Canyon Springs Church is making a lasting difference around the world by leading and equipping people to be, “All about the One.” If you are passionate about ministry and this position sounds like yours, keep reading for details.
- Passionate about sharing the vision of this ministry with families in the church, people in the community, and volunteers.
- An excellent communicator and able to interact well with staff, pastors, volunteers, children and their parents.
- Able to build a team that leads and executes the Sunday School Ministry by inspiring others to serve.
- Driven to reach kids who do not know Christ by being relevant and providing a great environment for them to connect with other children and leaders.
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development.
- A strong communicator, who listens well.
- A proven project manager with strong attention to details and administrative skills.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization.
- Be the primary person in charge of oversight of the Sunday School Ministry.
- Grow church attendance by creating and implementing a strategy that draws families into the church through Sunday School Ministry.
- Lead, evaluate and develop teams of volunteers that operate within their strengths.
- Minister to the families through connecting what happens on the weekend with what happens at home.
- Be a model for those who attend Canyon Springs through your example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Work to ensure that Sunday School classrooms and staff are ready to go no later than 15 minutes before each service.
- Works to create an environment where parents feel safe dropping off their children.
- Works with Children’s Special Events Director/develop Children's Ministry team.
- Work with Canyon Springs Events Director on Vacation Bible School.
- Keep website current and post ministry updates on social media.
- Choose or create ministry curriculum for children and organize crafts.
- Anticipate and prevent problems and properly deal with disruptive behavior.
Canyon Springs Church