The Pastor of LIFE Connections is an Executive Team member who directly leads the LIFE Connections team, and indirectly our church, in fulfilling the LIFE Connections purpose: Connecting the unconnected to Christ, His Cause, and His Community.
Essential Job Functions
Champions the essential value of life connection by:
- Casting vision for spiritual growth through the next-steps of serving and LIFE Group membership
- Enhancing and refining our Growth Track connection strategy
- Developing our LIFE Connection staff and key team members
- Setting direction for the content our groups and teams use to find and take spiritual next-steps
Works collaboratively to create annual ministry plans that infuse LIFE community into every ministry at Crossroads
Establishes systems and processes that ensure that people who want to connect can do so
Works with other senior leaders to establish metrics that help us track progress and make better decisions
Acts as the primary architect for the creation of a LIFE Group/Serving Team Leadership Strategy that inspires, equips and reproduces leaders
Fulfills essential pastoral needs at Crossroads including, but not limited to, weekend pastoral duties, Pastor of the Week, holiday seasons, hospital visits, marriages, funerals, baptisms, etc.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, this pastor may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Executive Pastor.
Core Competency Requirements
Catalytic Leader: Models servant leadership, empowers and positions others for growth and wins, and actively builds a culture of Leadership Development.
- Initiates and effects meaningful change
- Casts compelling vision, both interpersonally and in group settings
- Generates and accelerates organizational momentum leading to excellent performance
- Delivers results based on metrics
- Identifies, develops and empowers leaders and fosters a culture of leadership development
- Models servant leadership and appropriate collaboration in decision-making
Community Builder: Champions the building of transformational community by living out, communicating the value of and actively developing biblical community.
- Attracts and inspires others by exhibiting humility, passion, authenticity, and joy
- Demonstrates relational availability and openness
- Manages a broad spectrum of relationships (senior leadership, staff, key leaders, new people, etc.) with intentionality
- Resolves conflict biblically and gracefully, and replicating that approach in others
Communicator: Demonstrates a passion to communicate God’s truth in a variety of ways
- Informs and inspires for kingdom growth and impact in all written and spoken media (informally, formally, personally, and publicly)
- Articulates Crossroads’ mission, vision and values effectively in a variety of contexts
- Recognizes and leverages communication technology in ways that engage and inspire in relevant ways
Standard-Bearer: Champions the Crossroads DNA, mission, vision, values and ministry approach
- Lives a lifestyle of actively pursuing Christ, His Cause and His Community
- Embodies and pursues Crossroads’ mission, vision, values, and ministry philosophy
- Guards our DNA by identifying and correcting drift
- Tells stories that exemplify our DNA
- Embodies a tireless passion for advancing God’s kingdom
- Owns a personal vision and passion for ministry in the four houses
- Drives for mission accomplishment and continuous improvement
- Leads ministry teams toward alignment to centralized strategies, processes and procedures
- Maintains ministry environments and materials to our standard of excellence
- Demonstrates full support of Crossroads leadership
Shepherd: Provides personalized spiritual guidance towards becoming more like Jesus
- Identifies where people are spiritually and equips and leads them to take spiritual next steps
- Leads people toward increased levels of engagement in our church
- Executes pastoral duties (weddings, funerals, child dedications, baptisms, pre-marital counseling, grief counseling, etc.)
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies, ministry, church leadership, or similar, or the equivalent in vocational ministry experience. We seek someone with at least 8-10 years’ experience leading a staff team in building and growing a small-groups and serving-based ministry for a large church (average weekly attendance of >2500).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Crossroads Church is a dynamic church passionate about Christ, His cause, and His community. Crossroads has a rich history in the city of Corona as it has been in existence for over 120 years. The ministry of Crossroads is entrenched in the city of Corona because of the large community events put on by Crossroads as well as its food pantry and adopt- a- block ministries. Its diverse population makes Crossroads a true reflection of its community. Crossroads’ commitment to excellence, creativity, and evangelism is evident in the weekend More...