Will be responsible for all aspects of the Worship & Creative Arts Ministries at Horizons Church. Will serve as the leader and mentor to musicians, vocalist and all other creative arts volunteers including drama, video, sound and lighting. Must play and be able to lead worship from an acoustic guitar. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Candidate must be a high-energy leader passionate about creative and artistic ministry. Candidate must have integrity and a heart for worship, and understand the heart of the artist. Candidate should be technically minded; leadership focused and looks forward to working in a team environment.
The Mission of Horizons Church is to help people find their way back to God and grow them into 3C followers of Jesus who celebrate through worship, connect through community and contribute through service.
- Lead and/or coordinate worship teams and musical elements for weekend services, mid-week youth service and other church events where music is relevant.
- Recruit, train and sustain volunteers for worship teams.
- Oversee the entire application process for new team members.
- Recruit, develop, train, and sustain upcoming worship leaders and team members.
- Develop and disciple teams in the area of worship and creative arts.
- Conduct meetings and training regularly
- Provide leadership for worship practices
- Lead Worship design Team Meetings
- Work closely with the teaching team to develop themes and integrate the various creative elements into the sermon series and other vital areas of the church.
- Provide creative oversight to the technical ministry (lights, sound, stage, video)
- Develop and direct annual Christmas, Easter and other special productions.
- Able to plan and budget for multiple ministries.
- Model and encourage team members to live as 3C followers of Jesus.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate of a Bible College
- 3 years minimum experience as a Worship/Creative Pastor
- Success in a progressing career
- Heart of a pastor
- Inspirational leader
- Tenacious and resourceful doer
- Champion of Horizons’ style of ministry
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Gifted vocalist who is humble and Spirit-led
- Computer/technology savvy
- Strong detail and task focus
- Understand team ministry concept
Music and Creative Skills:
- Able to arrange music/vocals
- Dramatic arts
- Stage/Set Design
- Proficient as an audio engineer
- Working knowledge of stage lighting and programing
Relational and Social Skills:
- Excellent relational skills in both professional and non-professional environments.
- Ability to work in collaboration with professional and non-professional people for creative expression.
- Ability to lead naturally gifted as well as trained musicians.
- Strong administrative and people skills in organizing and empowering volunteer leaders to execute services and programs.
- Can demonstrate previous success and ongoing ability in recruiting, training and sustaining band members and volunteers.
Please submit your resume along with a link to your work (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo) or a DVD. Also, tell us your favorite worship leaders and why.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Personnel Team
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Worship PastorFellowship Bible Church
- Batesville, Arkansas
- December 8
We are a church that loves God, loves people and wants to serve the world including the local community. We are passionate about helping people become fully devoted followers of Christ. Everything we do at Horizons revolves around the 3Cs: Celebrate, Connect and Contribute. We believe these three key experiences are vital in growing our relationship with Jesus and practically living out loving God, loving people and serving the world. More...