Roswell United Methodist Church in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, is seeking a full-time Missions Specialist who will offer missions expertise and guidance to the congregation and the community. The Missions Specialist is responsible for facilitating missions
and volunteer events and trainings within RUMC, with the intent of educating the congregation and equipping the laity to serve locally, domestically, and globally.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate include:
- Passion for and personal experience in mission engagement: local, domestic, and international.
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in a church or non-profit setting
- Proven interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and sustain one-on-one relationships within the church and with our local mission agencies. Ability to work in a multi-generational, diverse setting, using advanced listening, collaborative, and facilitation
- Ability to communicate effectively using diverse communication tools and platforms, training events, and recruitment campaigns.
- Ability to demonstrate servant leadership and work collaboratively in planning, organizing, and leading staff and volunteers.
- Champion of the Christian faith who is able to model, mobilize, and nurture prayer support for missions.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and financial management skills. Ability to effectively prioritize, to be highly self-motivated, and to discretely handle confidential information.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products and software. Willingness to learn and effectively utilize church software tools (Shelby and ServiceU) and web page management.
- Successful goal setting, follow up, and achievement skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field preferred.
- Fluency in a second language ideal.
- Must be willing to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as necessary.
Annual salary range and full benefits will be disclosed during the application process. Please see detailed job description: www.rumc.com/jobs; send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org