Valley Church is a passionate community of believers located in West Des Moines Iowa. We are fully committed to fulfilling the Great Commission and the Great Commandment. Our vision is to see God change our lives and then we go into the world, letting Him
use us to change the world we live in. This year Valley Church is celebrating our 25 years anniversary. 25 years of multiplication of by loving God and loving others.
Senior High Ministries Lead Associate (9th-12th)
The Senior High Ministries Lead Associate will be one of five members on Valley Church's youth ministry team. This person will provide direct leadership to our Senior High ministry, serving along side and under the Student Ministries Director.
Our Senior High Ministries Lead Associate will be an energetic leader who is teachable, innovative, a strategic builder who can work on a team and is passionate about reaching students for Jesus. The Senior High Ministries Lead Associate will be a dynamic
communicator, teaching for life transformation at our weekend services and will develope and mature the senior high small group ministry. This person will be a relational leader, equipping staff and volunteers and leveraging those leaders to build and serve
students and parents (approximately 100+ students and 20+ leaders).
If you have a couple years of youth ministry experience or you have been serving as an internship and have no experience do not let that keep you from applying.
SENIOR HIGH MINISTRIES LEAD ASSOCIATE
Objective: The Senior High Ministries Lead Associate is responsible for directing the spiritual formation process of the senior high ministry (9th-12th grades).
- A wholehearted commitment to Jesus Christ and Valley Church
- An agreement with and enthusiasm toward our vision and core values
- Strong communication abilities
- A commitment to honor, respect, and value all staff members and our ministries with a strong spirit of teamwork
- A very positive influence in the church and community
- Good conflict resolution skills in combination with a spirit on unity
- No unresolved conflicts with current elders, deacons, deaconesses, pastors, and leadership staff
- A track record of very active ministry involvement
- Leading others in a positive way
- Supporting the church financially at a respectable level
- Agree with and live out Valley Church views on theological issues
- An awareness of his/her own personality (strengths and weaknesses)
- Humility, teachability, loyalty and personal holiness are of utmost importance
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overall ministry perspective. Serve Valley Church as a whole. Understand that our first calling is to serve the whole church, followed by serving in our specific ministry area
- Working with the Student Ministries team, partnering in creating a scope and sequence
- Plan, organize and execute a small group ministry (recruit and train adult small group leaders, developing curriculum, finding meeting locations, etc.)
- Plan, organize, and execute a Sunday morning large group ministry
- Consistently connect with students at church and beyond the church walls
- Be the main communicator for senior high ministries
- Recruiting, training, and meeting with volunteers
- Plan one event a month; retreats, summer mission experience, gatherings, etc.
- Implementing vision for the ministry
- Oversight of the senior high budget
- Other duties as delegated by your supervisor
Compensation: Full-time, annual salary (based upon experience, credentials, etc.). Exempt status. Benefits include group health insurance, paid vacations, etc. Refer to Personnel Policies for details.
How to Apply:
Email your resume, references and links to full-length video of you teaching to email@example.com Subject: Senior High Ministries Lead Associate