The worship leader is responsible for all aspects of the worship environment for the Sunday morning worship service. These involve much more than leading singing, but creating an environment through music, media, lighting, AV, and even paint colors and
room temperature, that lead people into the presence of God.
- Lead the worship team. We are looking for a person that can lead our existing team of musicians, from the guitar or keyboard. Our team is currently composed of drums (2), piano (1), electric guitar (1), and singers (6 total) in teams of 5. Lead rehearsals,
teach new music, and rotate fresh songs into our “playlist”.
- Begin each service with a scriptural call to worship or exhortation. Continually invite members to worship rather than sing.
- Meet with, lead and continually train our AV teams, eliminating worship distractions and leading excellence in audio and video production.
- Select appropriate offertory music or video each week to blend with the theme of the sermon or special events (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Veteran’s Day, etc.)
- Oversee the music and worship budget, maintain CCLI license, recommend budget expenses to keep our equipment continually upgraded.
- Write a weekly report to the senior pastor, and monthly report to the church board.
- Assist and supervise the media director with weekly sermon recordings, website uplinks, and broadcast radio KJRT recordings.
- Supervise the sanctuary ministry teams: ushers, greeters, and outreach committee.
- Be available to assist the senior pastor with other projects and assignments.
Personal and Spiritual Qualifications:
We are a purpose driven church, fulfilling the 5 functions of the great commandment and great commission: worship, ministry, evangelism, discipleship and assimilation.
The worship leader must be an individual of proven character, who is characterized by a vital, spirit filled walk with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and models the 5 purposes in his everyday life. This spiritual commitment should be evidenced by regular
church attendance (including spouse if married), volunteer ministry involvement outside the area of this position, and by supporting the work of the church through tithes and offerings.
Salary and Benefits:
This is an entry level position in a church of approximately 150 in attendance. It can be a full or part time position. If full time, one other area of ministry responsibility will be built into the position such as Director of Children’s Ministry, or
Director of Evangelism and Outreach, depending on gifts and needs of the church.
Full time the position will come with salary and housing, part time just salary. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
More information about the church is available at our website:
Pastor Harlan Humiston
Cascade Bible Church
1119 S. Highway 20,
Twisp, WA 98856