Children’s Ministry Leader
Part-Time, 22 hours per week
(This position partners with a 10 hour per week Children’s Ministry Administrative Assistant)
The Children’s Ministry Leader is to provide the necessary guidance, nurturing, leadership and motivation for the Christian spiritual overseeing of the Children’s Ministry. The Leader will be under the direction of the Family Life Director and the Children’s
Ministry Leadership Team. The Children’s Ministry Leader is assumed to be a committed Christian, called by God to accept the challenges of this position as defined under the following job description.
- The Children’s Ministry Leader will function under the guidance and supervision of the Family Life Director with resource support being provided by the Church staff and Children’s Ministry Leadership Team.
- The position requires this person to have a strong Christian background rooted in the person of Jesus Christ. They are to exemplify the Church’s Christian ethics through Word and daily living, and set a positive example in the way they
act, talk and dress both at work and in the community.
- The Children’s Ministry Leader devotional life should be enhanced by spending some time each day in personal reading of the scriptures.
- This person is to be involved in daily prayer for the elementary ministry at Trinity and for the elementary children and their families.
- The primary Team contacts for the Children’s Ministry Leader will be the Leaders and Coordinators of the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team. The Children’s Ministry Leader may be asked to attend other Team meetings as necessary and
- Weekly this person will be required to attend, Tuesday from 10:15 a.m. – 11 a.m. the Ministry Staff meeting and from 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. a General Staff meeting.
- On the 2nd Monday of each month this person will be required to attend the Children’s Ministry Team Meeting.
- On the 4th Monday of each month this person will be required to attend the Parish Planning Council (PPC) Team Meeting.
1. Registration for Program Attendance – Annual registration with photo release for those attending program events – emergency contact info & allergy/medical concerns and alerts
2. Attendance & Recordkeeping – maintain, log and track ministry event results within ACS (weekend program, Holiday and special events rosters) – any families note housed within ACS are then loaded
3. Assimilation – We Miss You Cards, Get Well Cards, Thank You For Joining Us – track absences (We Miss You Cards) , first-time guests (Thank you for joining us), those out sick (Get Well Cards) - all generated labels and info from ACS
4. Program Evaluation – parent & teacher/volunteer survey regarding program, curriculum, events & activities – track responses, compile, discuss and communicate results & outcome (Changes, staying the course, etc.)
5. Supply Ordering – ensure that all items for classroom experience, events and activities are readily available and on-hand for volunteers; based on budgetary designation
6. Safety/Emergency Plan – collaborate, establish and implement (after reviewing with Management) designated Emergency Plans – document for posting and review and incorporate in volunteer/Leadership training for consistency.
- Preferably, Bachelors’ degree in education
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with children
- Experience in developing children’s programs, preferably in children’s ministry
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills
To apply: Forward your resume to Debbie Charbonneau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-679-4000 ext. 117.
Closing date: Monday, August 3, 2015