Galilee Christian Church in Jefferson, Georgia is seeking a full time Worship Minister.
Candidates for this position will hold a degree from a Restoration Movement college or have equivalent experience in a Christian Church and align with the theology of the movement. They will have strong interpersonal skills, will work well with teams, and will contribute to the effort of the ministry as led by the Elders and Preaching Minister of Galilee.
Galilee is a church of 700 active members and has a diverse population of ages involved in the ministry of our church.
Candidates must be able to lead worship in a variety of musical tastes and styles and will most importantly bring the congregation closer to God in worship each week.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email Christy@galilee.org.
- 1. Oversee worship programming for Sunday Morning & Wednesday Evening services.
- Lead song service. Organize and schedule special music.
- Design a blended song service
- Schedule song after all baptisms
- Notify Server Coordinator of any changes in service at least one week in advance.
- Immediately after service concludes rotate stations between exit doors with other staff and meet, greet and thank congregation (every week).
- Schedule and organize those serving in the Classic Service. (Media & Musicians).
- Deliver music for Sunday Morning Worship by Wednesday.
- Keep music (especially Hymns) as close to the original arrangement as possible.
- Treat all musicians; sound booth volunteers and all others involved in our services with respect and kindness. All staff will remember that we work with volunteers who donate their time to help the ministry at Galilee. We do not lose our temper with them; speak to them rudely or with annoyance in the tone of our voice; we respect them, love them and show them our appreciation.
- 2. Oversee select programs of the church.
- Programs including Special Events, Ecclesia, Homecoming, Men’s Fellowship, and others as assigned by Senior Minister.
- Oversee and assist with children’s choirs.
- The Worship Minister will work under the oversight of the Senior Minister & Elders. Day to day operations will be coordinated with the
- The Worship Minister will participate in regular staff meetings.
- The Worship Minister will attend all Congregational meetings.
- The Worship Minister will maintain a spirit of cooperation with the staff and leadership.
- The Worship minister is to participate in church family functions.
- Attend Elders/Deacons/Staff meetings.
- Worship Minister to assist pre-school with weekly chapel service at the discretion and leading of the Preschool Director.
- Write article for newsletters and newspaper articles, as appropriate.
- Keep Central Calendar of Events updated with all of your activities.
- Assist with lighting and Sound issues as they appear.
- Manage building key distribution, keep distribution list updated and send to Chairman of Elders periodically.
- Call on sick in hospitals and shut-ins weekly, as directed by Senior Minister.
- Facilitate internet and computer services at Galilee.
- Assist with weddings; funerals; etc… as needed. Coordinate scheduling of these events and be willing to play, etc…
- Perform all other duties as stipulated by the Senior Minister and Elders on an “as needed” basis.
4. Work Schedule
- Maintain regular office hours as stipulated by minister & Elders.
- No outside employment unless approved by Senior Minister and Elders.
5. Leave/Absence from Church
(See Galilee’s vacation policy)
If extended absence is necessary from the church. Worship Minister will notify Senior Minister and Elders.
- 6. Evaluation
There will be a semi-annual review of work objectives. Any concerns or problems should be brought (first) to the Senior Minister (and then to the) Elders in a timely manner.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Worship LeaderImpact Fellowship Church
- Overland Park, Kansas
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
FELLOWSHIP OF HUNTSVILLE CHURCH WORSHIP PASTORFellowship of Huntsville Church
- Huntsville, Texas
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship Arts PastorFroot Group
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- January 18
Galilee Christian Church
The lifeblood of Galilee is when we worship together. Both our Sunday morning services and Wednesday evening services give our family time to come together and express our gratitude to God. Worship styles vary from church to church more today than ever before. You will discover that GCC seeks excellence in how we approach God while doing so in a variety of ways. Music is a huge part of worship for any church. GCC’s musical styles will generally be at the center of most musical tastes. The best of both old hymns and new choruses can be heard eac More...