Position Summary: The Children’s Director/Pastor (CP) is to oversee the ministry strategy of Victory Church under the direction of the Associate Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Victory Church and the ability to align volunteer leaders with its mission, vision and values. The CP will be a team player with staff and volunteers to achieve our mission in the lives of children and their families. The CP will partner with parents to lead kids birth through 5th grade to a genuine sense of belonging and involvement in spiritual growth at Victory Church by meeting kids where they are and providing next steps. The CP will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth through weekend environments, LifeGroups, and volunteer teams. The effective CP will grow the children’s ministry spiritually and numerically.
The Children’s Pastor will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling biblical priorities: Responsible for upholding biblical priorities and core values of Victory Church. The CP should lead the way in a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The CP models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The CP strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to regular time spent with God.
- Making attendance at worship services and special services a priority.
- Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of Victory Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
- Demonstrating the value of community by leading or participating in an adult LifeGroup each semester and by maintaining healthy relationships on staff and within the church.
2. Leadership of volunteer staff: Success in this role will best be accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children and their parents. Responsible for creating a positive, energetic environment that recruits, develops, and empowers children’s ministry leaders.
- Communicates clear vision and wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Builds leadership teams and structures that lead people from being helpers to those owning and fueling the ministry.
- Oversees systems for background checks, safety, and security procedure, scheduling, training and pastoral care of volunteers.
- Championing a strategy for the regular development of all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Providing volunteers with current resources for best practices for children’s ministry.
- Ensuring that the volunteer staff are well equipped to answer questions and exceed expectations of parents and kids on a regular basis.
- Provide regular feedback and evaluations to team members.
- Create continuously-improving follow up methods to ensure new kids and their families are connected to the people and ministry of Victory Church.
- Manage children’s ministry software system, website, and budget forecasts and expenses.
- Raise teams to execute special events and outreaches such as VBX, special days, and outreaches.
3. Oversight and execution of weekend environments:
Responsible for creating programs and LifeGroup experiences that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children.
- Provide insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
- Select relevant and biblical curriculum, props, games, worship and experiences every week
- Ensure that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current, and focused on the needs of new kids and families.
- Maintain immaculate, inviting and clutter free children’s environments by working with volunteer staff and Victory Early Learning Academy Director and teachers regularly.
- Be on top of clear, consistent communication about Victory Kids with parents and community through website, and other social media to inform and inspire.
4. Oversight and execution of LifeGroups: Constructs clear onramps and systems to help kids move from visiting to belonging to growing:
- Recruit, train, and inspire the highest quality of committed LifeGroup leaders to love and lead our children.
- Oversee information tracking of small group participants and leaders.
- Actively encourage LifeGroup leaders to connect with families during the week.
- Provide opportunities for kids to experience God, encounter community, engage their world and encourage others. (Make the reality of Jesus central, intentionally build relationships among children and families, provide opportunities for kids to serve the community and world, help children discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities).
- Provide LifeGroup leaders with curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to LifeGroup ministry.
- Implement a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.
- Develop a lead team to direct and mentor age-level LifeGroup leaders.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27
Associate Preschool MinisterPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- September 26
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Kid's Pastor-Argyle CampusCross Timbers Community Church
- Argyle, Texas
- September 26
Children's Director or PastorChrist Community Church
- Huntersville, North Carolina
- September 26