Mission: Loving God, Loving People, Disciples Making Disciples
Vision: Our vision is to reach the world for Jesus Christ by creating relational environments for the purpose of making disciples who can make disciples
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Emphasis Area or equivalent experience preferred. Desired Master’s degree in emphasis area.
- Two years pastoral leadership experience in ministry area preferred.
- Two years management and supervisory experience with paid or volunteer staff preferred.
- Commitment to developing working knowledge and application of NCC mission and ministry strategy and evidenced ability to implement within ministry emphasis.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Real Life Discipleship model.
- Effective leadership skills in leading small groups; in recruiting, coaching, developing, supporting and inspiring small group leaders; in connecting people to small groups; and to coordinating small group events.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills to build an effective team, make formal presentations, resolve conflict, and interact with a diverse family and community population.
- Ability to work in concert with Facilities Director and Ministry of Business and Finance respective to ministry area events.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to present a Christ-like image when presented before or interacting with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent presentation skills before large groups of people.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software and/or applications.
- Ability to perform in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize work requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a professional manner.
Discipleship: We believe that every person is called to be a disciple and become a mature disciple maker. We believe the definition of a disciple is found in the invitation to become a disciple in Matthew 4:19. A disciple is one who is committed to:
- Following Christ (Head)
- Being changed by Christ (Heart)
- Being on mission with Christ (Hands)
The Community Pastor, in following our mission, vision and discipleship definition, is responsible for leadership, growth and discipleship of the Community Home Group Ministries of the church. This position reports directly to the Adult Discipleship Pastor. The Community Pastor is a member of the Adult Discipleship Department Team/Family. This team is lead by the Adult Discipleship Pastor and is made up of Community Pastors, Men’s Discipleship Director, Women’s Discipleship Director, Church Training & Equipping Pastors and Directors, Connections Director and Coordinator as well as Office Support Staff.
Collaborating with the Adult Discipleship Department Team, fellow NCC Staff and a wide range of volunteers, this person is responsible to develop a quality Home Group community for NCC designed to reach the community for Christ and make disciples who can make disciples of Christ. This individual will be knowledgeable of NCC’s mission, vision, and methodology and will pursue these in their ministry area.
The Community Pastor is responsible for making recommendations and implementing decisions within their designated authority in the design, development and facilitation of an effective ministry to reach and disciple the people of NCC and its surrounding communities. This individual is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff and congregation through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer, and other appropriate ways as they serve their Lord Jesus Christ.
- Is growing in a personal, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ that transforms the way you live in the church, home and the world
- Will minister out of an overflow of a life abiding in Jesus
- Engages in personal devotions, prayer times and spiritual accountability relationships
- You will lead your teams to connect to the Lord through prayer and scripture, as well as seek to connect to one another in spiritual relationship for the purpose of discipleship as in Matthew 4:19
- Is a participating member at Northshore Christian Church
- Evidences passion for NCC’s relational discipleship model and vision for individual and corporate discipleship
- Maintains alignment with NCC’s philosophy of ministry
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed
- Displays Christian leadership by using credibility and capabilities to influence followers to pursue God's direction for their lives
- Evidences foundational spiritual qualities such as integrity, faithfulness, compassion, and grace
- Display ministry skills such as the ability to effectively communicate Scripture, managing or coaching others, motivating others, and graciously correcting others when necessary
- Displays accountability to staff and the ministry of the church
- Evidences working knowledge of NCC mission, core values, ministry strategy and policy manual, and is effective at aligning individual ministry goals to these directives. This includes understanding of NCC policies and procedures
- Displays working knowledge of stewardship and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through proper planning and budgeting of ministry programs and initiatives
- Maintains effective communication with all NCC to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing NCC goals
- Fulfills any and all supervisory roles as directed or outlined in specific job responsibilities
- Maintains working hours as determined by the needs of ministry/position and maintains a healthy balance between work and family
- Establishes and communicates monthly, quarterly and annual goals with the Discipleship Pastor and implements strategies for goal attainment
- Models the importance of discipleship through a personal commitment to participating in a home group.
- Will have a passion to seek and save the lost.
- Will equip and empower small groups to engage their neighbors and community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Will ensure pastoral care is occurring within your community.
- Attend all church services with an outward focus - Participate in greeting, prayer, and leading communion
- Coordinate community and outreach events for the purpose of sharing Jesus with the un-churched and inviting them to home groups.
- Ensure connection of unconnected people, and follow-up on connections.
- We define unconnected as a person who is not connected in personal and intentional relationship to Jesus or His body.
- Develop, participate in and encourage connection events, connecting people to God and small groups.
- Will seek to chase the strays (disconnected).
- Intentionally shepherd and model shepherding to the leaders and members of your ministry area, utilizing the “4 spheres” relational coaching tool.
- Identify, equip and release leaders
- Create and maintain an apprentice system within your community.
- Help individuals find their place of ministry in the church.
- Ensure people are being ministered to within their community through:
- Hospital visits
- Phone calls
- Placing new people into leadership positions within their community.
- Vision cast the preferred future, the mission of the church.
- Personally disciple coaches and ensures each coach and their spouse are in a group.
- Ensure coaches are discipling Group Leaders.
- Monitor and evaluate growth and health of your community:
- Monitor health and attendance of connected through CCO
- Utilize the “Spiritual Health Map” on a bi-annual basis
- Receive and apply feedback from others
- Participate with Church Training & Equipping in regional, national and international levels as required by Adult Discipleship Pastor.
MINISTRY AREA EXPECTATIONS
- Together with the Adult Discipleship Team, develop and oversee the structure and effective administration of NCC’s Community Home Groups.
- Oversee implementation, coordination and execution of programs consistent with the direction and leadership of the Adult Discipleship Pastor, and in concert with Adult Discipleship Team.
- Create obtainable goals and objectives (SMART) for ministry area on an annual basis that align with the mission and vision of Northshore Christian Church. Effectively communicate those goals and implement strategy for their fulfillment.
- Identify, equip, encourage, release and coach leaders and volunteers in the fulfillment of ministry goals and objectives.
- Plan, propose and develop special events designed to reach un-churched people in the community at large.
- Ensure personal background and reference checks performed on participating volunteer leadership prior to program involvement.
- Research and evaluate the need for program or process changes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned with demonstrated flexibility in scheduling and job assignment.
BASIC NEEDS OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE SERVING
- Leadership – Moving people to a place of being uncomfortable at a rate they can tolerate, stretching people. Supervising the mission and vision of the church being lived out in your ministry area.
- Equipping of Leaders – Equip, encourage, and empower leaders in your ministry area.
- Spiritual Feeding – Making sure people are intentional to hear and apply the Word of God and ensure they are aware of the avenues to get it (classes, CD’s, sermon downloads, etc…)
- Spiritual Relationships – Ensure the relational environments are being led intentionally and reproduction is taking place.
- Pastoral Leadership Care – You are not responsible to care for every person, but you are responsible for making sure every person in your ministry area can be cared for.
- Community – Opportunity for people to gather together
- Communication – keep leaders informed and celebrate the wins
- Connection – Connect people to small groups for the purpose of discipleship.
- Strategic Partnerships – Finding ways to be a blessing to your communities.
- Organization and Planning – Collaboration to accomplish the mission of the church.
- Adult Discipleship Ministry Team Meetings (weekly)
- Church Staff Meeting (Monthly)
- Volunteer Meetings (throughout the week)
- $50 - $55K depending upon experience.
- Full-time, regular, exempt salary, at-will position as defined in Northshore’s Personnel Handbook.
- 2 Weeks of Vacation, 80 Hours of sick leave, insurance coverage and other benefits are indicated in the written personnel manual and/or on the employee’s contract.
- Current signed contract and personnel paperwork to be kept on file at NCC Office – Human Resources.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform related duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We recognize there are many ministry areas to serve in at Northshore and you may feel called to serve in those areas on a volunteer basis. Northshore would like to support you in your desire to serve. Any hours served in volunteer ministry are not required for this position that you have been hired for and as such will not be compensated.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move around the campus and buildings, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
40 hours per week
Weekends: both Saturday and Sunday services
Weekdays: 8 hours Monday – Thursday
Generally the schedule can be somewhat flexible but will maximize time spent with the rest of the Discipleship Team on campus. Up to 50% of the schedule will be set aside for off-campus discipleship, mentoring and caring for leaders and members of the assigned community.
- Demonstrates the character qualities of courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, punctuality and servant hood, plus calmness under pressure.
- Meets everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Exercises friendliness and consideration, treating each person or situation impartially.
- Submits respectfully and is loyal to church authority.
- Maintains a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, and good taste.
- Uses acceptable English in written and oral communication. Speaks with clear articulation.
- Develops and maintains rapport with attendees, volunteers and staff to promote a positive Discipleship environment.
- Recognizes the need for good public relations. Represents the church in a favorable and professional manner to the constituency and general public.
- Abides by the Moral Code of Conduct Agreement.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assoiciat Director (Pastor)Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
LCBC Church - Central Life Group DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Manheim, Pennsylvania
- September 30
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- September 29
Couples' Ministry PastorChrist Community Church
- St. Charles, Illinois
- September 28
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Northshore Christian Church
Northshore is an independent, elder led, non-denominational church. We are not formally affiliated with any other church or national headquarters. Our members come to Northshore from every tradition . . . from Presbyterian to Catholic to Methodist to Quaker to Baptist and then some.
Northshore Christian Church is about Loving God, Loving People, Disciples Making Disciples. This purpose can be summarized in another brief sentence based upon two key Scripture passages regarding the Great Commandment (Matthew 22: More...