LFCC is excited to present a great opportunity for a Family Life Pastor to minister in a church that desires to increase its ministry to children and their families. The church has grown significantly in the last 5 years and continues to experience an unprecedented
response to the gospel on Long Island. Each week over 1250 adults attend one of three morning services while another 170 children from birth to 8th grade are involved in classes. Holidays bring as many as 2,400 people to our services. Today, LFCC is one
of the largest churches on Long Island.
The Family Life Pastor must be a proven leader who has the experience, talents, and skills to continue and improve this thriving ministry. Those skills include enlisting and motivating volunteers, building effective teams, and focusing efforts to be effective
and consistent with vision. The Family Life Pastor must enjoy a challenge, changing environments, and work well in a team environment.
The leadership at LFCC is strong and stable. Along with the congregation, they stand ready to invest prayer, time, and resources in this area. Our senior, ministry, and support staff work well togther and are united in a passion to see life transformation
and make a lasting impact for God's Kingdom in New York.
Living Faith has embraced a vision to reach the next generation in our community and beyond. That vision is to focus all we do to Reach, Guide, and bring Glory to the Lord. In family ministry, we feel this will involve reaching both children and parents
for Christ. Then, engaging parents to guide their children to be disciples as much as possible. At Living Faith, we are blessed to see God transform lives every week as the lost come to faith in Christ. As a result, we believe the addition of an even more
effective Family Ministry could truly make an eternal difference like few other places could expect to see.
Long Island is an intensely diverse and crowded community. People on the South Shore are big into family and many grew up in the town they now live in. They are primarily Catholic in background but marginally active in their faith. Virtually everyone knows
about Christ. Yet, many come into our services without any real knowledge of the Bible or a personal relationship with Christ.
In addition to family and faith, Long Island is a place of outstanding beaches, wonderful restaurants, ethnic diversity, and only a short commute into Manhattan. While being one of the most expensive places to live in the US, Long Island is a place of great hunger
for the gospel. This position offers a great opportunity for a bold, passionate leader to serve the Lord and raise a family in a church that loves one another and is making a real difference for the Kingdom of God in the largest metropolitan area in the US.
• Direct oversight of children’s ministry through 5th grade with supervision of staff and ministry over middle
school, high school, and young single adults
• Reach children, students, and young adults for Christ and guide them to live as His disciples through Family
• Enlist, train, develop, and shepherd all paid and volunteer Family Ministry Staff
• Provide pastoral counseling and care for married and single parent families
• Serve as a member of the Senior Pastoral Staff and as a vocational elder on the LFCC Elder Board
• Develop Sunday morning environments that engage children and parents with the gospel
• Ensure the children’s program includes sound biblical teaching
• Prepare, submit, and manage annual budgets within Family Ministry areas
• Demonstrate good stewardship of Family Ministry resources
• Provide safe, secure environments for children and parents at LFCC
• Maintain all church Safe Environment requirements, standards, process, and records
• Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Testimony of burden and call to Christian Family Ministry
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (Master’s preferred)
• Passionate about equipping parents to disciple their own children
• Experience serving in vocational Christian Ministry
• Experience and skill enlisting, developing, motivating, and retaining volunteer leaders
• Sense of call to Long Island, New York culture
• Agreement with LFCC Vision and Ministry Plan
• Meet all qualifications to serve as an elder at LFCC
• Meet all Safe Environment requirements
If you sense the Holy Spirit prompting you in our direction, and if you meet the requirements listed above, please email a cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com. Applications will be received until the end of July. Our hope is that
God would lead us to His person before school begins this fall.
Note: While we appreciate the passion and call someone might feel, we ask that only those with experience and a minimum of a college degree apply.
For information about Living Faith go to: www.livingfaithny.org