PURPOSE: To lead uncommitted high school and college students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus.
MEANS: Creating an atmosphere in which Christian and uncommitted students are drawn to explore the faith; providing leadership and supervision for youth programs, including Sunday morning programming, midweek programming, small groups,
retreats and special events. The primary role of this Director will be as team leader to facilitate these ministries.
QUALIFICATIONS: This person should be able to articulate the Christian faith in a way that is engaging to students and families. They will have the highest standards of personal integrity in all contexts. They will be loving, collegial,
and humble in their relationships among staff and families. They will be dynamic and assertive, able to demonstrate significant organizational and supervisory skills, creating teams around innovative ideas. They should have strong communication skills.
They will be a trainer and leader of volunteer staff. This will require previous experience in leading dynamic student ministries.
1. Lead uncommitted students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus.
2. Lead dynamic weekly programs that reach unchurched students and draw students into committed discipleship, teaching them the Scriptures and the way of Jesus. Select and implement appropriate curriculum.
3. Recruit, train, and lead volunteer teams to minister to students.
4. Involve parents in the Student Ministries, assuring that they are informed and have voice in the ministry.
5. Integrate students into church ministries, including a natural flow from the children’s to student ministries.
6. Responsibly steward the budget.
7. Participate in worship leadership as requested and attend weekly worship.
8. Participate in all staff meetings, retreats, and church activities as requested.
9. Various duties assigned by the Pastor.
GOALS: We would like to see students who don’t go to church coming to church, students who are not Christians becoming Christians, and students who are Christians growing in Christ-likeness, a knowledge of the Scriptures, involvement in
the church, and outreach to their peers and families.