Redeemer Presbyterian Church is a gospel centered and intentionally diverse church in Encinitas, CA built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal in our lives, church and communities.
To lead our Redeemer Kids ministry to children ages 6 months to 6th grade by connecting children to Jesus, developing them in their faith, providing a loving community and helping them find ways to bless others in service. The children’s ministry director directly oversees our children’s team (nursery-preschool, elementary and 5-6th grade coordinators), and is responsible for creating and cultivating a team of well equipped volunteers who partner in reaching children and families for the Gospel.
Connect Children to Jesus
- Lead with a Gospel Centered vision and approach
- Ensure Effective Learning Environments
- Grow and equip teachers to engage kids with the Gospel
- Provide teachers with basic classroom management & facilitation skills
- Periodically observe classrooms & provide directional feedback
- Welcome and follow up with new children and parents
- Assist and work alongside Family Director in planning and executing events for children in our church and community
- Partner with Family Director and Spiritual Formation pastor in Confirmation/Baptism process.
- Design ministry according to our church’s missional and contextual convictions.
Develop Children in their Faith
- Equip and shepherd volunteers and volunteer teams to effectively communicate biblical truths to children
- Help provide an understanding of the scope and sequence of the curriculum
- Periodically evaluate effectiveness of curriculum with Family Director and Spiritual Formation Pastor
- Order and Distribute Curriculum
- Help plan periodic family services
- Provide parents with resources to connect with one another & own discipleship in their families
Cultivate a Loving Community
- Oversee recruiting, developing and encouraging Kids volunteers
- Foster relationships with children and connect with their families
- Lead children's ministry team with encouragement and support
- Work with Communications Team to make sure children’s ministry section of website is current
- Keep children contact list current
- Manage Safety procedures
- Responsible for budget and allocations of funds to different needs of ministry
- Oversee Childcare Ministry (for Non-Sunday events and classes)
Finding Ways for Children to Bless Others in Service
- Foster participation in our church’s missions and mercy ministries
- Spiritual Health: Commit to renew own heart in grace through worship and be an active part of the Redeemer community
- Prayer: regularly for team and the children of our church
- Continuing Ed: Learn and develop skills and understanding of children's ministry through reading, conferences, etc.
- Dependability: Dependable presence on Sunday mornings (48 Sundays/Year)
- Theological alignment: Share Redeemer’s core theological convictions
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and complete the online application form available at https://redeemersd.wufoo.com/forms/z1quc9xg1uo4t2h
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
Redeemer Presbyterian Church
Redeemer Presbyterian Church is multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Encinitas, CA built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal in our lives, church and communities.More...